Exit

Unable to Save or Export files from Illustrator 2022 (26.0) on macOS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Info:
MacBook Pro
macOS Monterey v 12.01 (New Update just yesterday)
2022 Adobe Illustrator 26.0.0 (New Update just yesterday)

Critical Issues I am experiencing:
-New Files created, will not save, save as, or export to my computer desktop or any location on my computer. It will as to the cloud but I do not what I need it saved on the cloud, I need it on my computer. File Type Ai or PDF
-Old Files can be changed and saved in place. BUT will NOT, save the same file in a new location, "save as" a new version name (i.e. "filename" version 2 .ai) , save as a PDF or export art to any form of raster files.
-Closing files without saving, prompts me to save files before closing and when I do click save, it will NOT save and will not close the file. No response from Illustrator
-Does not prompt me to choose a saving location on my computer.
-No error messages or pop-ups are given
-No Crashing occurs, nothing happens
-Files are art files, no text

Things I have done to try and fix the issue myself:

-Restart Computer
-Creative Cloud logged in
-Launched Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
-Launched Illustrator by clicking twice on the old file (can't do this with new files because I can't create and save any new files onto my computer.)
-Open old files through the cloud
-Created new files in every way IMAGABLE.

-Save it to the Adobe cloud and shut down. Restart open the file, try and save it to the computer, it will not save.
-Force-quitting does not appear to generate a saved-data file
-Granted adobe / Illustrator full disk access
-Disabled "Optimize File open and save time on slow networks" in preferences
-Disabled "Save in background" in the Preferences
-Reset preferences removing all the custom settings
-Uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator with perfrances deleted

You don't need to be told what a nightmare this is when you make your living using Adobe.
Please advise ASAP or I will be forced to remove the update (somehow, I HAVE TO WORK!!) or
My last-ditch effort to fix this myself is to remove the new macOS Monterey v 12.01

Please advise ASAP. 
TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about this trouble. This issue has been reported with multiple apps on macOS Monterey. We're currently investigating this issue. I would request if you could post this issue on our UserVoice page and share the link here.

This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users can also upvote.

As a workaround, you may try one of these options:

• Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings back to origina

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

no window came. Nothing happened. I could only save to the cloud. I have now updated Mac OS to 12.1 and now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

I did the update and it looks like the problem is solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. It seems Apple has fixed this issue. Please update to macOS Monterey v12.1 that Apple released around mid-December. Let us know if you are still facing this issue after updating. We'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had Adobe go remote on my Mac.  They went to my app support > adobe folder and changed the UXP to UXP.old and CEP to CEP.old and boom solved.  Whatever that does did the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know all your listed issues from inside, believe me.

Somone MUST have red ears! It's a disgace how awful this upgrade have been launched. But what can we actually do but wait? We are married to these companies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my issue by playing around with which display I was using. E.g. turn off my secondary display and go through the saving process on primary. It seems to sort it after some experimenting and doesn't seem to occur again. I'm not experiencing the issue anymore after doing this for multiple adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One poster suggested that you go to display settings and set your laptop as the primary display. This worked for me. Its a little inconvenient, but manageable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes absolutely no sense for this to work, but it actually did. I don't understand how the display settings would make me unable to save to my hard disk. Insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for this yet? This is crazy! I tried the suggestion to set default display as laptop and that made another window appear, but it was blank and just froze me out of being able to do anything. 

I'm also having the same issue with Chrome if I set it to ask where to download, so I know this is a Mac OS issue, but I can turn off that setting in Chrome. I don't think there's any way to temporarily fix the Adobe issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing the name of two folders in Appplication Support as some people wrote, but had no success. The problem only gets away using the macbook display as primary, and resetting Illustrator prefs at launch (cmd+opt+shift). Not the best solution, but I can work almost flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  cannot save anything.  Illustrator is effectively dead in the water.  HELP !

Mac Os 12.01, MacBook Pro w/ M1 Pro Chip

Illustrator 26.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an Ai 2022 PreRelease available in Creative Cloud that seems to have solved the issue.  Go to the CC app and scroll down on the left find Pre Release.  You willl be able to use this app and keep the Ai 22 in your system.  You WILL need to copy your prefs and setting over manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an Ai 2022 PreRelease available in Creative Cloud that seems to have solved the issue.  Go to the CC app and scroll down on the left find Pre Release.  You willl be able to use this app and keep the Ai 22 in your system.  You WILL need to copy your prefs and setting over manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I don't know if you have finxed this.

My other machine is a 2021 iMac, running Big Sur. And on that Illustrator works fine!

Cheers

Nish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A freind of mine suggested I removed all plugged in USD/Lightning cable.

What the hell, it works. 

So the issue is Monterey. Thanks Apple IOS software developers ;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unplugged my second monitor and it works. Seems like a problem with Photoshop 2022 interacting with Monterey. Please fix this...please fix this...please?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not work for me. I unplugged my second and third monitors and still have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to safe my work on the computer. But there is no safing screen... I don´t know why...

Has anybody else this problem? It´s only illustrator.

Thanks for your answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only safe in the cloud. There is enough space on my mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, show the window that you have when click Cmd+S and Cmd+Shift+S (Save and Save As), to try to find something useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no window came. Nothing happened. I could only save to the cloud. I have now updated Mac OS to 12.1 and now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me respondo a mí mismo. Se ve que es algún fallo relacionado con alguna pantalla externa conectada. Ya sea a través de Sidecar o monitor. Basta con desconectarlo, y vuelve aparecer el cuadro de diálogo. Esperemos una actualización pronto para su solución. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rob Gualda,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This issue has been resolved with macOS Monterey v12.1 that Apple released around mid-December. Please let us know if you are still facing this issue after updating to macOS v12.1. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tengo un problema la hora de guardar en mi equipo en la nueva versión de Adobe Ilustrator 26.0
El programa me da la opciones de guardar en la nube por defecto y mediante un botón guardar en el ordenador. Cuando hago click en guardar en el ordenador, se cierra la ventana de diálogo y no hace nada. Por lo que actualmente no puedo guardar en mi equipo. ( Macbook Pro 2018 - macOs Montery 12.0.1 )

muchas gracias,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 2 days Illustrator CC (latest version, Macbook Pro M1) won't save on my computer anymore... I realy don't know what caused this. It still does save (and overwrite original) when I close the document, but save as, export, export for web etc don't work at all. If I use these commands, there is nothing happening, no dialog box at all?

No problems with Photoshop or Indesign.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update your Mac or Adobe apps two days ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I probably did. (It updates automatically, so I don't remember it for sure).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset prefs, if that doesn't work, uninstall, run the cleaner tool, reinstall, and if that doesn't work contact Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines