Exit

Unable to Save or Export files from Illustrator 2022 (26.0) on macOS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Info:
MacBook Pro
macOS Monterey v 12.01 (New Update just yesterday)
2022 Adobe Illustrator 26.0.0 (New Update just yesterday)

Critical Issues I am experiencing:
-New Files created, will not save, save as, or export to my computer desktop or any location on my computer. It will as to the cloud but I do not what I need it saved on the cloud, I need it on my computer. File Type Ai or PDF
-Old Files can be changed and saved in place. BUT will NOT, save the same file in a new location, "save as" a new version name (i.e. "filename" version 2 .ai) , save as a PDF or export art to any form of raster files.
-Closing files without saving, prompts me to save files before closing and when I do click save, it will NOT save and will not close the file. No response from Illustrator
-Does not prompt me to choose a saving location on my computer.
-No error messages or pop-ups are given
-No Crashing occurs, nothing happens
-Files are art files, no text

Things I have done to try and fix the issue myself:

-Restart Computer
-Creative Cloud logged in
-Launched Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
-Launched Illustrator by clicking twice on the old file (can't do this with new files because I can't create and save any new files onto my computer.)
-Open old files through the cloud
-Created new files in every way IMAGABLE.

-Save it to the Adobe cloud and shut down. Restart open the file, try and save it to the computer, it will not save.
-Force-quitting does not appear to generate a saved-data file
-Granted adobe / Illustrator full disk access
-Disabled "Optimize File open and save time on slow networks" in preferences
-Disabled "Save in background" in the Preferences
-Reset preferences removing all the custom settings
-Uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator with perfrances deleted

You don't need to be told what a nightmare this is when you make your living using Adobe.
Please advise ASAP or I will be forced to remove the update (somehow, I HAVE TO WORK!!) or
My last-ditch effort to fix this myself is to remove the new macOS Monterey v 12.01

Please advise ASAP. 
TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about this trouble. This issue has been reported with multiple apps on macOS Monterey. We're currently investigating this issue. I would request if you could post this issue on our UserVoice page and share the link here.

This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users can also upvote.

As a workaround, you may try one of these options:

• Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings back to origina

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

no window came. Nothing happened. I could only save to the cloud. I have now updated Mac OS to 12.1 and now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

I did the update and it looks like the problem is solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. It seems Apple has fixed this issue. Please update to macOS Monterey v12.1 that Apple released around mid-December. Let us know if you are still facing this issue after updating. We'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 107 Replies 107
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my OS last night, today i only get these blank dialog boxes when i try to "Save As" or export from Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign (and that's IF i get ANY box at all.) How on earth can i fix this?? It is debilitating.

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.58.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 12.50.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - make sure that your programs are compatible with that new operating system by checking for updates

2 - revert to your previous operating system until Adobe says programs are compatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey has some serious issues purely on its own.

It has memory leaks

It has issues with USB hubs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about this trouble. I assume you are using a sidecar. This issue has been reported with multiple apps on macOS Monterey with an external monitor & sidecar. We're currently investigating this issue. Please stay tuned for the updates.

• Disconnect sidecar and run the app on the primary Mac screen.
  • Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings to the original. Steps are shared here. (If you are using an external monitor)
  • If that doesn't help,  we would suggest disconnecting the external monitors.

If these workarounds don't work, then you may try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

1.  Close all Adobe applications.
    • Go to the following locations
    • ~/Library/Caches
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    • ~/Library/Preferences
    • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
    • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
  2.  Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folders to UXP.old in the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/
  3. If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. With the help of my company's IT department, we found a workaround (disconnecting from my external monitors while using Adobe apps) that will suffice until the issue is fixed. It's not ideal, but easier and more convenient than his other solution, which would basically involve a factory reset and reverting to a previous OS. No time for that right now. Changing my monitor settings to make my laptop screen the primary display also helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tengo el mismo problema y probe las soluciones pero la ventana de esportar/guardar queda en gris como en las fotos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about this trouble. This issue has been reported with multiple apps on macOS Monterey. We're currently investigating this issue.

• Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings to the original. Steps are shared here.
  • If that doesn't help, we would suggest disconnecting the external monitor(s) or iPad (Side Car).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. It seems Apple has fixed this issue. Please update to macOS Monterey v12.1 that Apple released around mid-December. Let us know if you are still facing this issue after updating. We'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines