Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is com.adobe.dunamis?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was combing through the Library files of my Mac to fully dis install a few apps I had previously downloaded. I found a file called com.adobe.dunamis in the Application Support file.

Does anyone know what the file is? I assume it's something to do with the broader creative cloud manager but I am not sure.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Hi @Fabian23632324ximd,

We are sorry for the trouble. I checked with the product team, and as per them, it is expected behaviour if the file does not exceed 100MB and the whole folder does not exceed 1GB.

For further concerns, I would recommend you to Upvote this  UserVoice and add your comments there.

However, if you don't see the expected behaviour as I mentioned above, then please share the screenshot of the size of the folders and upload them to Creative Cloud/ DropBox/ Google Drive or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a repository for log files, but I'm not sure what other purpose it serves. I found it because I'm currently having an issue with Adobe Illustrator generating and dumping a bunch of large log files into that folder and filling up my hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had that same issue. Pretty strange to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called up Adobe and after explaining that many of the solutions they gave me didn't work, they called me and told me they discovered that the log dumping thing is actually a new bug and that they'll patch it in the next update for Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "bug" is present for months, I've updated at least twice but had the problem persisting. I lost my important project files because of it. How hard is it to solve this bug or at least create a temporary fix? 

I'm using M1 Macbook Pro if anyone from Adobe is actually checking all my apps are updates, using the latest macOS latest Illustrator latest everything. It is really frustrating to lose your project files and it crashes the WHOLE SYSTEM not just Illustrator itself. 

furkanta_0-1634329595916.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there are a couple of Adobe staffers who show up here with some regularity, most of us are just Illustrator users. If you want to be sure that "anyone from Adobe is actually checking", please post your description of the bug and your information at https://illustrator.uservoice.com/. Check to see if the bug has already been listed there, and cast a vote for its fixing, as well as commenting and adding your information.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to v26 hoping that would fix the problem. The latest upgrade to 26.0.1 still has this issue. It doesn't occur frequently now, but it definitely happens. It seems to be occuring in files where there are hi-res placed images and the file size overall is large. I'm not sure if it's related to memory or something else since the fan always gets kicked on, but it has happened a few random times since upgrading. Closing the program, waiting a few minutes and restarting Illustrator stops this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists. Using WinDirStat.exe this folder is using up 116GB on my 500GB OS drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I got a warning from my system about my C: Drive filling up, figured I'd run  WinDirStat.exe as well and apparently these log files are eating up 30GB of my SSD. 100 MB each..,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you all are facing. I would request you all to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2. In this, we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know how it goes.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is BS in typical Adobe fashion.  We are a firm of only 85 employees and I am dealing with over 900,000 empty log files in com.adobe.dunamis.  You may say whatever they are 0 bytes but I have other funtions that need to search the network like anti-virus and large file search and those utilities are be inundated unecessarily by 900,000 empty folders.  Adobe fix your Sh!t.  At hat we pay for subscription are you serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancelled my subscription (which they told me I was breaking the contract and need to pay more to cancel, so I just got a new credit card from my bank)

I'm currently using alternatives on Mac Vectornator does the job for me but it is understandable that you might need more. I wish all the illustrator users to have a good day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, WinDirStat is how I found out about the Adobe problem.  My WinDirStat would never finish scan my D drive.  It just keeps finding more and more folders under com.adobe.dunamis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update: I'm now having the log file dumping issue with After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Log files in that folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NadyaMad,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind confirming if the file exceeds 100MB and the whole folder exceed 1GB? If not, then this is expected behavior.

I would recommend you Upvote this  UserVoice and add your comments there.

However, if you don't see the expected behavior as I mentioned above, then please share the screenshot of the size of the folders and upload them to Creative Cloud/ DropBox/ Google Drive or any other similar service. I will share it with the product team for further investigation. Also, please confirm the exact version of OS & AI & share a screenshot of your system specs.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temporary solution that worked for me is to open up the com.adobe.dunamis folder when launching Illustrator and immediately deleting the first log file that gets generated inside the folder. After deleting it, you can use Illustrator without further log files being generated in that folder. While this method generally worked for me, there were a handful of times where this didn't work (if anyone is interested, this happened with large .ai files with a lot of embedded images and layers that were made using previous two versions of Illustrator). I hope this helps someone still struggling with this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini After this issue had stopped when I installed Illustrator 26.0.2, the problem seems to be back again. I'm getting 100MB log files in the com.adobe.dunamis folder again - not as rapidly as before but many log files. The fan kicks on and it starts filling up the folder with logs. It seems to happen when there is a placed raster file into illustrator. Not sure why the issue started up again, but it's happened 2 days straight now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JayRogers61549,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please confirm if the complete folder size is growing above 1GB?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini - I deleted the files as they were piling up, so I'm not sure. I quit Illustrator and restarted the computer twice then gave up. Currently the issue isn't happening, but the total in the folder is definitely under 1GB now (a few Zero K, a few 4-6MB, a few 100-200KB). If I left it to keep running, I'm pretty sure it would have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, @JayRogers61549. I have forwarded these details to the engineering team. I will contact you if we need any further details or if there is any update on this issue.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 users that have generated 96,979,779 (yeah shy of 97 MILLION) folders EACH (so nearly 300 MILLION folders) in their Windows folder redirection network folder.  Utilities that traverse the folders to find their size don't work because they are not designed to handle 97,000,000 folders or I'm just impatient to wait a day or so to see if they finish.

We have rolled back our Illustrator users back to older versions.  I'm still stuck deleting 300 million folders.  So that I can actually see some progress, I have a loop statement that finds a folder and deletes it one by one.  I have 8 of those jobs running for 24 hours now and I think I am only a maybe a quarter done.  Then will have to do the same for the other 2 users.

ADOBE - How can you let this update out the door, not to mention multiple updates that have this issue?????  This should be all hands on deck kill this bug development moment in the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 300 million files and counting.   Explorer can only read about 30 million before it crashes so there are at least 30 million more.     Running a delete loop script....in wsl => 'find /mnt/d/dir_to_files/ | xargs rm -rfv' because I like to see what its doing.  It's been running for two days now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit this again today, but this time I dont think it was Illustrator. I hit this earlier with Illustrator (Oct I think it was) and it created 12.5M empty directories that took my backup system to its knees and cleaned that up (only after it duplicated them and how found them). I had to revert to the old version to address it. Just got more Cloud updates two weeks ago, and broke Premeier, After Effects, Audition, and Media Encoder all now fail to launch (unless as Adminitrator) and suspect they may have resulted in 1.8M (3.6M after being backed up). I have been deleting files for 9hr now (at least I caught it early). I have spent hours with Adobe support to no avail only to break whats Adobe apps were working (Lightroom, Reader, etc.). This in a person computer for me. I can;'t imagine what people that needs these tools to work to do their jobs must suffer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ended up creating more directories than iniitlay thought (closer to 2.5M (5M after backup) it took nearly two days to delete all of the emtpy directories and was able to confirm that in addition to Illustrator (26.0.3), it has now propegated (at least on my system) to Adobe Premere (22.2),  After Effects (22.2) ,  Audition (22.2), and Media Encoder (22.2), and are all exhibitihg thsi behavor with the latest updates.

Which led me to the solution soltion, 
SOLVED!

After deleating all of the directories under %AppData%\com.adobe.dunamis\*.

Then I updated the permission on this folder to grant my Users group Full Control, Modify, Write, permission on this directory to match Adminitrators, and wha la, at least so far, all of the apps now open/launch correctly, and I dont get the runaway empty directory syndrome.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines