• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to open a file I get text import options

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open a file I'm working on, I get a text import options pop-up when I click okay, then there is nothing on the file. I'm confused. It was working a few days ago. 

Thank you to anyone's help! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the filesize?

Where did you save the file?

Do you have a backup? And if not, then why not?

Does the file still show something when you open it in Acrobat?

Did anything happen when you last saved it?

Is this the most current version of Illustrator? 26.2.1?

If not and the filesize is larger than 0, then you might want to try and update Illustrator. There have been some issues around this on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

File size: 5,746 KB

Illustrator Version: Illustrator 2022 (26.2.1)

I normally save it to the cloud, but I saved it to my desktop this time. However, when I try to open it from my desktop the text import options box opens up and then nothing is on it.

I remember I was in class and I had to go somewhere so I saved it and then closed my laptop. Is it possible it didn't save all the way? But Idk why I can see the file in the preview with everything but then there is nothing when I open it. 

For acrobat should I export it as a pdf and then see if it shows up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you didn't wait until it was saved, but just closed your laptop? That was probably not a good idea, because you interrupted saving before it was fully completed.

Your file might be toast. Don't interrupt the saving process. It's the most vulnerable state of your file.

Maybe @Anshul_Saini can help? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are  seeing the preview pdf compatible half of the file into the .ai half. Try opening in acrobat, then saving to a filename.pdf, and open the .pdf in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @zacharye439,

We are sorry to hear about this. I agree with @Monika Gause. If the save was interrupted, then it can cause such issues. I would suggest saving the file as a cloud document as it is a better option. Your progress gets saved in every 5 minutes by default, and you can get back to work where you left off or to the last previous saved version in cases like this.

However, as you are getting a text import option pop-up, then most likely your file is not recoverable, but you may upload it to CC and share the download link here or via DM. I will share it with the product team and get it checked.
I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my imac under monterey os. But I can open the same file on my pc with no issues. Some older illustrator files opeb just find on both. But a lot of my recent files created i illustrator on my PC give me the show import option box. Then op;ens up blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @treyeck,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. It seems you are using a Network Drive/ Service or a shared folder to use the same file across different machines. If yes, then please download or save them locally and check if they are opening up or not.

Also, I would recommend you to store your files in your CC files folder as they get synced to the cloud and stay local too.

Additionally, you can also use the Cloud Documents to save your files as they automatically get versioned, and you will be able to retrieve previous document versions as your work goes through multiple review iterations with the client.

This way, you will have no compatibility & performance issues. Also, you can share your files with others and collaborate with ease. To learn more about this, visit this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/share-and-collaborate.html).

Additionally, I must inform you that we have very limited support for network drive & services as there are many variables that affect application performance. For more details on this, you may visit this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html).

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines