• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I install Illustrator to my Windows 11 Arm based CPU desktop?

Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new device with Windows 11 preinstalled and I want to install Illustrator, but install to desktop isn't an option. What's up with that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I am afraid Illustrator is currently not supported on Microsoft SQ1 Arm-based processor (Surface Laptop X). Only Multicore Intel processor (with 64-bit support) with SSE 4.2 or later, AMD Athlon 64 processor with SSE 4.2 or later, and ARM-based M1's Apple silicon processor are supported. However, you may check out our system requirements page (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html) for more details.

Thanks & Reg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "install to desktop"? You can't install apps to your desktop folder, if that's what you mean, though sometimes a shortcut is left on the desktop folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is that it thinks instead of installing to a desktop, it thinks I have an iOS mobile device and won't let me install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see these three tabs at the top of the apps section in the CC app?

Screenshot 2021-11-04 143257.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Desktop is extremely limited options at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... what are those options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only 3 apps and none of them are Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need to know, to try to help you. What are the three apps, exactly? A screen shot if you prefer that to typing the names. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try. I think it's a Windows 11 thing and that device is in the middle of something to the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three programs are Acrobat, Photoshop and Lightroom. I uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall, but I keep getting errors with crtransport.exe failing to start. I don't really want to collect and report data, so I'm not sure what I can do to cirumvent it. It's preventing updates from being installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Do you already have a subscription (plan)? Which plan (check your account). 

also, what is your system configuration - especially, is it an ARM processor? If not sure please tell us what laptop model you have. And how much RAM?

please take care to answer all of these questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am a subscriber. One year plan, individual. 

ARM64, Microsoft Surface Pro X Running Windows11 16 gig ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I am afraid Illustrator is currently not supported on Microsoft SQ1 Arm-based processor (Surface Laptop X). Only Multicore Intel processor (with 64-bit support) with SSE 4.2 or later, AMD Athlon 64 processor with SSE 4.2 or later, and ARM-based M1's Apple silicon processor are supported. However, you may check out our system requirements page (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html) for more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. Guess I'll be sticking with Afinity Designer and ConceptsApp. Anybody considering addressing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheOriginalGC, I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). Ask them to help install a Windows emulator to run x64 bit apps on your device so you will be able to run the unsupported Adobe apps. I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are these other apps? I am also unable to download illustrator to my lenovo flex with Windows 11. I  mainly wanted the adobe subscription for illustrator, which is now useless. Now, I'm endlessly searching for GOOD alternatives. Thanks in advance:) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link for Affinity Designer: Affinity Designer – Professional Graphic Design Software (serif.com)

Concepts can be found in the Windows Store: Get Concepts - Microsoft Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brittany5D43,

Sorry about the trouble. I checked your Device is compatible with Adobe Illustrator. As I suggested above, please connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking in. Any plans to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the current status. Will Adobe apps work with ARM processors?

Apparently Photoshop and Lightroom are done and "We are working to ensure that our other apps run natively on these devices, but don't have release dates for all our apps yet."

I wouldn't make any plans on anything that Adobe don't give a release date for. They aren't guaranteeing this work will ever see the light of day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS at the moment on my ARM tablet. I'll keep hoping for AI - really miss that blob brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 can run the x64 versions in emulation just fine. If you want to go through the ridiculously roundabout process of installing on an x64 machine and then literally copy and pasting the installation over you can see for yourself. Why they're not offered at all in the CC app is a joke when the Mac version let's you install non-native apps that use rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have M3 macbook pro and I am trying to install adobe illustrator on it. It says that it is not compatible but according to your message it should be. Is there anything I can do to make it possible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Erik30937804ro9q,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing. Installing Adobe Illustrator on a MacBook Pro with an M3 chip should be possible as Illustrator is supported on Apple Silicon.

Here are a few steps to troubleshoot:

• Verify that you are using the latest version of the Creative Cloud application.
    • Check for updates and ensure that both the Creative Cloud app and Illustrator are current.
    • If the issue persists, try uninstalling Illustrator and reinstalling it through the Creative Cloud app.

Please provide a screenshot of the error message & system specs or any specific issues you encounter during the installation. So I can offer more targeted assistance.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines