• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator for iPad keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator for iPad keeps crashing no have the latest version of the iPad so I'm not sure why it keeps crashing. 

How can I fix this so I can use it for school?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Please check if your iPad meets the requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-ios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about this. We have released an update recently (1.0.3) with stability and bug fixes. Please update the app from the App Store and check if that helps. If not, please share the following details.

Does the app crash as soon as you launch it? If yes, please share some additional details so that we can assist you further. We'd need the crash logs which you could share with me over a direct message.

How to look for the crash logs: 
  • Open iOS Settings > Privacy > An

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

I just had the same problem. Switched off Show Effects When Using Apple Pencil in Apple Pencil Settings and no more crashes. This must be a recent bug in AI or iPadOS because this never used to happen, unless I accidentally switched this feature on recently? Still a bug anyway. I see people having the Apple Pencil crash issue on Procreate forums too, so my money is it being a long term Apple issue being it's still happening years later! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Hello @Bradi157F,

We sincerely apologize for the trouble you're having with Illustrator on the iPad and want to help you get it running as soon as possible,

To help us with this, would you mind checking if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents)? If yes, kindly try deleting Illustrator, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to check if it helps. Also, check if the OS installed is up to date (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204).

If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check if your iPad meets the requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-ios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meet all of those requirements and it still crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times and still crashes. Idk what to do and really upset about it cuz its like the only reason why I got an ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meet all of those requirements and it still crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times and still crashes. Idk what to do and really upset about it cuz it is the only reason why I got an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer care, which is a bot that sends you to this page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear about this. We have released an update recently (1.0.3) with stability and bug fixes. Please update the app from the App Store and check if that helps. If not, please share the following details.

Does the app crash as soon as you launch it? If yes, please share some additional details so that we can assist you further. We'd need the crash logs which you could share with me over a direct message.

• Open iOS Settings > Privacy > Analytics and improvements > Analytics data on user device. You will see file names like “adobe illustrator***.ips. That's the log file, please share it over DM.

Also, let us know the - 

• iPad make and model
  • iOS version
  • Are you using any trackpad or keyboard? If yes, do share the details.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the most recent version of Illustratrator for the new iPad Air 4, with the Apple 2 pencil.

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same and some additional issues:

-App crashes

-Unable to access certain pieces of work: when attempting to open certain 'faulty'  pieces, another piece of work opens or when managing to open a 'faulty' piece, the area is all black or all white and no matter how much zooming in or out, there is no image viewable.

-Layers are starting to behave strangely, such as visible layers is still invisible 

Please help with some steps or advice as I'm loosing precious art wok that I have spent hours on, and now fearful to use Illustrator on the iPad.

Erin Morgana 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, did you get a solve?

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - it's driving me insane. Any solve, yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix? Having the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out my specific file was my biggest problem (unfortunately still no idea why - I left the link to the file with Adobe support). I re-made it and it worked better, but it still crashed intermittently. At least I could get some work done in between re-launching AI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having this issue. My iPad meets all the specifications. The application crashes when I use the apple pencil. It seems that if I have the pencil pressed to the screen for too long, the app crashes and closes itself. Any advice on how I can get this to work better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main post is 2 years old and people are still suffering from this issue. This is ridiculous! I'm sitting here for hours on a piece just for the app to crash and I lose it all. My time and money is being wasted. This was the only reason bought an iPad and my school strictly uses AI so I don't have a choice.  If I didn't have honestly I would use Procreate. This so sad this company is trash and doesn't care about its customers. FIX THIS APP NOW ARTIST ARE SUFFERING. and yes my iPad is the right specs and the app is updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. My ipad meets all the requirements. I spent a LOT of money on creative cloud, and I keep losing work. 
I use illustrator for work, and it keeps crashing when i'm making free hand illustrations (without apple pencil, just with index finger).

This is extremely frustrating. Ultimately it crashes after just mere seconds.

PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. They will tell you how to proceed and how to troubleshoot this.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had same issue (app crashing)

thankfully im jailbroken so just downgraded from latest version 2.1.2 to 2.0 and everything works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will probably use Procreate too if I don't find the solution 😞 I have Procreate but I wanted to create vector image in Ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having this issue.  Ipad Pro with Apple Pencil (2nd Gen).  Everything has been updated.  How has this not been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having this issue too on opening with an empty document.

Crashes the moment I touch the pencil to the screen.

Useless.

The link to see if your ipad is compatible with Illustrator clearly states any ipad that works with either apple pencils is compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @evab63150617@Fire and Hops@ninam77650311,

We are sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, please share some additional details so we can assist you further. We'd need the crash logs which you could share with me over a direct message.

• Open iOS Settings > Privacy > Analytics and improvements > Analytics data on the user device. You will see file names like "adobe illustrator***.ips. That's the log file, kindly share it over DM.

Also, let us know the following:

• iPad make and model
  • iOS version
  • Are you using any trackpad or keyboard? If yes, do share the details.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have resolved itself. Maybe a version update or something. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the iPad Pro M2 6th Gen which I bought recently. I have installed Adobe Illustrator and purchased the Subscription. Right now whenever I use Adobe Illustrator with my bare hands I don't find any issues. but if I use my Apple pencil then the app get crashes and it goes to the home page

I have updated the application, also updated the OS to the latest one, still I am still facing the same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the Apple Pencil Effects in the system preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find anything called Apple Pencil Effects in System Preference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines