Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

An error occurred while uploading your document Error #18

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running into an issue in Indesign, when I try and Publish Online a document I reach about 90% and then get this error message…

An error occurred while uploading your document Error #18

I have spoken to Adobe customer care and we went through various different ways of resolving the problem listed below…

• Checked malware and antivirus on computer and removed if any - NO CHANGE
  • Uninstalled Indesign and Creative cloud - NO CHANGE
  • Signed out from Indesign and creative cloud - NO CHANGE
  • Tried uploading from a different computer - NO CHANGE
  • Tried uploading from a different user - NO CHANGE
  • Tried uploading from a different computer with a different wifi - NO CHANGE

This has led me to conclude that this isn’t an issue with my computer or internet provider but it is something to do with my Adobe Account and connecting with their server for publish online documents. I have in the past used a VPN which I wonder may have caused this problem in the first place but I have since cleared this from my computer.Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 14.27.01.png

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only tell that Error #18 means:

"Connection lost while publishing. Check your network connection and try again."

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-publish-online-errors.html

Will it work if you change from WLAN to Ethernet?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Uwe

Have resolved the issue now thanks. I found on another forum someone had tried signing themselves up to a seperate Adobe cc trial account from the same computer they were having the issues with, the trial account had no problems. So it turns out it was an issue with my account, I asked Adobe to cancel my account and set me a new one up to another email address and now it works, there is obviously some sort of bug/proxy issue with that account connecting to the adobe server. I'm not sure how technically it works but obviously it was blocking me from uploading anything, I think potentially it's down to the fact I used a VPN once.

All the best

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines