• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breaking up a screen capture

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a screen capture that is about 8 1/2 wide x 60 inches long. It is saved as a JPEG. I am wondering of there is a way I can manually "flow" a JPEG from one page to another, the way one would flow text. Ideally, the goal is to wind up with 6 pages that are each 11 inches long.

Thnks much.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Yeh that's going to be a bit tougher because the image is massive. 

And when you split the image you only split in 2 not 6. 

If you want 2 that's fine. 

So with 2 - you'd then fit the image to the frame to the width.

You need to CUT the image - and then select the Text Tool - place your cursor in a Text Frame as if you're going to Type then use Paste.

This puts the image in a text frame which makes it an anchored object and flows with the text.

You'll then need to make sure both images are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place your image at the size you want

In the scripts panel there's a make grid script

EugeneTyson_0-1676667099152.png

EugeneTyson_2-1676667147986.png

You can then cut and paste each section into a text frame

Adjust the line spacing so there's no gaps

Then your image will flow from page to page

EugeneTyson_3-1676667388442.png

Sample file attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much, I will give it a try.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm having trouble. I was able to access and run the script you mentioned but was not able to flow the image (it is text grabed from a screen using screen capture so it comes in as a JPEG). I've attached a video of how far I got. It may be worth noting that this "image" is likely to fill about 25 pages.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the picture first into one frame, then run the script.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is what I did. I'm still not seeing the little handle on the lower right that indicates something is flowable. The idea is to flow the image file so that I wind up with 25 or so pages that look like the attached JPEG but will all the content in the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeh that's going to be a bit tougher because the image is massive. 

And when you split the image you only split in 2 not 6. 

If you want 2 that's fine. 

So with 2 - you'd then fit the image to the frame to the width.

You need to CUT the image - and then select the Text Tool - place your cursor in a Text Frame as if you're going to Type then use Paste.

This puts the image in a text frame which makes it an anchored object and flows with the text.

You'll then need to make sure both images are the same scale. And then manually adjust the the position of the graphics within the frame to align them to the top and bottom. 

But to get the image to flow between text frames - the text frames need to be Threaded - and the images have to be anchored so they move like text does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Placed pictures don't flow. Only text flows. You did not fit the graphic to the frame in the beginning of your mp4 example. Your whole approach to this is strange why you want to do this at all. Can you illuminate?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines