• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't copy and move text within a text box

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can copy but cannot move text within a text box (e.g., such as relocating a word, phrase, or sentence). I've tried with several different documents, all of which were created in CS6 and now opened in InDesign CC 16.3 x64. When I block the text a small 'c' circle pops up; when I click on it, I get the message "OpenType properties are not appliable." I can copy and delete and restore, but cannot move text. I've search the Internet and Preferences with no luck; I've also created two new documents for testing and got the same bad result. Almost all the fonts in my list of fonts have an 'O' in the right column. What is the solution? 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

If you go to InDesign>Preferences>Type and check the box I have circled, it should work (If I have understood your question correctly).

ss.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to InDesign>Preferences>Type and check the box I have circled, it should work (If I have understood your question correctly).

ss.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, thank you!!! Completely missed it when I searched Preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by “move text”. Are you trying to drag the selected text to another location within the text frame? Are you cutting, then pasting but somehow that doesn’t work?

You can enable Drag & Drop for selected text in Layout View (as opposed to Story Edit) in Prefenrences > Type. See if that gets you what you want.

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 4.40.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I wasn't clear, I did in fact mean 'drag and drop,' not copy and move. You got it right, and I so appreciate the quick response. Fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines