Exit

CC: file corrupt?

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest versions: Adobe CC (ID 17.1), Win10 Enterprise

Hi,

I want to copy an Indesign element (group of two rectangles with a gradient) from one template page to another one by using the clipboard (into the same layer):

Source:

mycc_0-1646838482016.png

Result after pasting it into the other template page (inserting into original position):

mycc_1-1646838620642.png

-> the object is not visible, width and height: "0"!

Inserting it into new document or some (not all!) other master pages: no problem.

Any idea & hope?

My idea at the moment: trying to fix it with a IDML file of this document.

Thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting the file to.idml, open that and resave as a new .indd. If the corruption is minor it may fix it.

As an aside, this looks like something that should go on a Parent Page that can be applied to multiple pages thought your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have done this before (your answer): saving as idml. After that my problem was fixed – however the layout of many pages was destroyed 😞

The idml format is probably too old for the latest versions of ID, bad compatibility.

And finally, after fixing all pages, I am not able to save the document: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/high-cpu-usage-due-to-cephtmlengine/m-p/12802546...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's more likely layout shifing is due to the file corruption than to the .idml format.

For the other problem, did you follow the instructions at https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines