• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Documents Feature Not Accessible for Me in 19.4 (Macintosh, Sonoma)

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to InDesign 2024 version 19.4 this morning.

I'm running a MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.4.1. All the other features are working for me that I've tested. However, I cannot get the Cloud Documents feature to work. (I've been a beta tester for Cloud Documents for some time). When saving a document, I shouild get the option to Save to. Creative Cloud. I've tried multiple times with many files but that just doesn't appear in the Save As dialog:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 8.27.46 AM.png

It appears there is a bug keeping it from working on my system.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Hi @Steve Werner,

Thank you for your patience. I checked with the team and as mentioned by @Jean-Claude Tremblay the cloud document feature is enrolled phase wise and it should be available soon if not available yet. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I am getting this checked and will update you shortly. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, can you try quitting InDesign from the activity monitor and then check by launching from the Desktop app? I tested this, and the option is available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can cofirm @Steve Werner's report. I don't see this option even if I launch InDesign from CC app (macOS 13.6):

leor_0-1713891072753.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried once, and it didn't work.

I rebooted my computer, and tried it again, and it still didn't work. The somewhat larger window is because I use Default Folder (which has never been a problem with Cloud Documents).

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 9.51.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The somewhat larger window is because I use Default Folder (which has never been a problem with Cloud Documents).

By @Steve Werner

I'm also using Default Folder and I can confirm that it doesn't make a difference (the Cloud option doesn't appear when Default Folder is disabled). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this checked by the team. Will update the discussion shortly.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your quick attention! I'll be happy to help with testing if that is useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud document is not available to all users.

This is a geographically limited roll-out. Cloud documents will soon be available in all locales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the information I got. Another expert user and I chatted back and forth with an Adobe staff person on the Adobe InDesign forum and made clear our locale and system specs. He suggested things to make it but was unsuccessful. He said the Adobe staff would work on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Steve Werner,

Thank you for your patience. I checked with the team and as mentioned by @Jean-Claude Tremblay the cloud document feature is enrolled phase wise and it should be available soon if not available yet. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't see anywhere that the Cloud Document was not available for all localities yet. It was not widely published anywhere I could see on Prerelease or the forums. I'll keep my eyes open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Steve Werner,

Thanks for proactively checking and reporting. It looks like the information is available in our help article. However, for easy access, I have added the note to the Cloud document featured post as well.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1713958372195.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed that. No problem. Better to have it well tested before release.

It was a big release and there was a lot of information and a little confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely. No problem. I am glad you tested and reported, because of which we are able to share the important information.

We appreciate your active participation and presence in the community.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines