Exit

Save InDesign files as Cloud Documents

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign Cloud Documents (1).png

Hi Everyone,

InDesign cloud documents are Adobe's native file type stored in the cloud, accessible online or offline directly from the InDesign application. You can access them on any device with InDesign installed.

Cloud documents enable access to your files from any device, even if it's different from where you created them.

Simply install InDesign on the remote device and log in with your Adobe ID. From there, you can access and edit your cloud documents directly within the InDesign application. Additionally, you can access them via Cloud documents.

► Cloud documents will be enabled on the second launch of InDesign.

► This is a geographically limited roll-out. Cloud documents will soon be available in all locales.

Adobe_InDesign_CC_icon.png

benefits of cloud documents.png

You can save any InDesign file to the cloud and work seamlessly from anywhere, anytime.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1713546585900.png

Check out the InDesign Cloud documents article for more information.

Please visit our InDesign cloud document UserVoice page to see what other users are saying, or post your own idea or report an issue to help us define the future of InDesign cloud documents. We look forward to hearing from you. 

Note: The post has been edited as per the latest release changes in InDesign MAX 19.4. 

Thanks,
Vivek

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so awesome!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to InDesign 2024 version 19.4 this morning.

I'm running a MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.4.1. All the other features are working for me that I've tested. However, I cannot get the Cloud Documents feature to work. (I've been a beta tester for Cloud Documents). When saving a document, I shouild get the option to Save to. Creative Cloud. I've tried multiple times but that just doesn't appear in the Save As dialog:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 8.27.46 AM.png

It appears there is a bug keeping it from working on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've experienced the same problem, in another thread another user and I explained our difficulties getting the feature to work on our up-to-date versions of 16.4 on a Mac. An Adobe employee said the problem will be investigated by the. Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Steve Werner,

Thanks for proactively checking and reporting. Cloud documents are a geographically limited roll-out and will soon be available in all locales.

It looks like the information is available in our help article. However, for easy access, I have added the note to this post as well.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1713958775800.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines