• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt InDesign file won't let me quit InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign application refuses to close.

A corrupt InDesign file was shared with me, and I didn't realize it was corrupt until I received an error message while trying to quit InDesign. It says "Cannot handle request because a modal dialog or alert is active. I have tried uninstalling InDesign but that's not possible with the application open. I have also tried restarting my computer. While searching for answers on the internet, I went to my Disk Utility application to try and solve the issue. I ran first-aid on all of my disks and the first aid process failed on the "Apple UDIF read-only Media". It says problems were found with the partition map which might prevent booting, couldn't mount the disk.

I'm not sure what to do next, or if it's best if I send my laptop to an apple genius bar.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.58.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.58.58 PM.png

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

You should be able to force quit any application which won't quit. On a Mac, press Command+Option+Escape to open the Force Quit Application dialog box. From the list of open applications, choose the one to Quit. (If the Finder were selected, it shows Relaunch.)

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.16.02 PM.png

You often cannot do much which have an application locking up your computer. Once you have force quit an application, you should Shut Down your computer. Wait 10 seconds, then restart the computer. 

Often, you will then be able to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't think any level of document corruption could cause this; I suspect something coincidental that corrupted your drive. I'd look for help at the system/OS level.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to force quit any application which won't quit. On a Mac, press Command+Option+Escape to open the Force Quit Application dialog box. From the list of open applications, choose the one to Quit. (If the Finder were selected, it shows Relaunch.)

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.16.02 PM.png

You often cannot do much which have an application locking up your computer. Once you have force quit an application, you should Shut Down your computer. Wait 10 seconds, then restart the computer. 

Often, you will then be able to relaunch the problem application (InDesign). If it won't launch, you should first try restoring your InDesign preferences and cache:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Fileshttps://www.rockymountaintraining.com › adobe-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines