Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EbookExport.InDesignPlugin error when opening a file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When opening a file I get this error asking me to upgrade "EbookExport.InDesignPlugin" to it's latest version version. I can't find whatever this is the plugins pannel, nor do I remember installing it in the first place. This happened when using different system in an office. Was fine on the home system. Both systems are with up-to-date versions of InDesign. Both Mac sylicon.

Fairly urgent matter so any input would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you, please help!

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.26.24 am.png

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Awesome. Thanks for confirming that the issue is resolved with 19.3, Nick5CEF. Appreciate your patience and collaboration with us.

Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any assistance. We would be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

We have been able to reproduce the issue in house and currently investigating the issue. 

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The issue is fixed with the 19.3 release, which is a phased rollout. Please update to the InDesign 19.3 version if the update is available in your Creative Cloud Desktop app in your country, and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

Note: This is a phase-wise rollout, and updates will be available to users in different countries in the coming days. Check your notifications in the Creative Cloud Desktop application, or refresh the application

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been able to reproduce the issue in house and currently investigating the issue. 

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem two mac, two indesign licence

19.0, strating from friday one of the two license does not permit to the other to open the file.

Error: EBookExport.InDesignPlugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adacarpi,

Sorry for the trouble. The team is currently working on this issue. Would you mind trying the workaround and let us know if that resolves the issue?

The current workaround is to export to IDML from 19.2.0.046 and open in InDesign 19.1.0.043.

Let us know if that solves the issue. We will keep you posted on the bug update.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The issue is fixed with the 19.3 release, which is a phased rollout. Please update to the InDesign 19.3 version if the update is available in your Creative Cloud Desktop app in your country, and let us know if that issue is fixed.

Note: This is a phase-wise rollout, and updates will be available to users in different countries in the coming days. Check your notifications in the Creative Cloud Desktop application, or refresh the application to check for updates.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue when trying to open a document. Do you know approximately when 19.3 will roll out for customers in the US?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. We recommend waiting for a week or two and regularly checking for updates on the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

As a workaround:- Please export the document to IDML from 19.2.0.046 and open it in InDesign 19.1.0.043.

Hope it helps you. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open certain files and the error I'm getting is "EBOOKEXPORT.APLN." I am on the most recent update of InDesign and the error message says to check my plug-ins. But my colleague who is able to open the file is also on the same version and does not have any additional plugins. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign but it has not resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second thread in two days on this very obscure error — the first is here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/ebookexport-indesignplugin-error-when-opening-a-...

Are you by chance both from the same organization, or is this really two separate instances of this problem?

The only answer in the other thread is that these files must be bound to an obsolete plugin that's no longer installed; the generic nature of the name makes searching for a source or update difficult. I believe the other OP solved the problem by exporting the file to IDML on a system/version that would open it... which may not be much of a fix for you.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what I can glean from the other user's profile, it doesn't look like we are from the same organization. We don't work with ebook publishing in my org, so it's unlikely someone downloaded a specific plugin on their work device for that purpose. 

We have tried saving the files as IDML which was working for a bit but we are now encountering formatting errors with both text and images in the IDML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commented on the other thread and just found this one. Having the same issue with multiple machines across our organization. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you please share a few more details like:

-The version of InDesign in which the file was created.

-The version of InDesign in which you're trying to open the file.
-Are you getting the error on multiple files or specific file? If it's happening with a specific file, will it be possible for you to share with me through DM?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All problem files were created in InDesign 19.1 on both PCs and Macs, by several different users.

These files were unable to be opened in InDesign 19.1 by multiple other users on both PC and Mac versions. The error messsage attached is the same for all. 

We are getting the same error from multiple files created by several users. It is not isolated to one file/user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike and I work at the same organization - confirming his response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's very slightly good that this all seems to trace to one locus. But I'd say it's way above the pay grades here, and best looked at by Rishabh, the dev team and Adobe support. There's something very, very wrong here and it's not a simple compatibility issue or user error.

I did not think to check the standard InDesign plugins, but 'EBookExport.apln' seems to be one of them. I wonder if a corrupt plugin, or a missing one, all stemming from faulty managed updates within the org, is at play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick check that might point to the problem is to see if 'EBookExport.apln' exists in the InDesign plugin folder. A search from the root ID folder will point to the folder, which should have ~100-odd .apln files in it; if this one's not there, that would be the cause if not the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had the same with seperate users on a mix of 19.1 and 19.2. No user has any corresponding plugin in App Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions.

I have a local user with 19.2 who is able to open the files (but also has no plugin), and savew as IDML which allows other users to open the file without the plugin warning.

Odd…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have logged a bug for the issue and the team is working on the fix. I'll update the discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The issue is fixed with the 19.3 release, which is a phased rollout. Please update to the InDesign 19.3 version if the update is available in your Creative Cloud Desktop app in your country, and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

Note: This is a phase-wise rollout, and updates will be available to users in different countries in the coming days. Check your notifications in the Creative Cloud Desktop application, or refresh the application to check for updates.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, Please export the document to IDML from 19.2.0.046 and open it in InDesign 19.1.0.043.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

The issue is now resolved for me. Still stuck on 19.0 in the office with the new 19.3 remotely. No issues or errors.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks for confirming that the issue is resolved with 19.3, Nick5CEF. Appreciate your patience and collaboration with us.

Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any assistance. We would be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue with v19.1
not sure that our organization will reach to 19.3. any other manner to be able to have it updated and opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer is that locked down, contact your IT people and demand that InDesign be updated and run it up the ladder until someone okays it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to version 19.2 and sharing documents with users still on version 19.1, those can't open the files with warning about EbookExport.IndesignPlugin missing.

This is especially annoying when using indesignserver, as here versions arrive later.
Wasn't it policy that files allways could be used within same main versionnumber (in this case 19.x)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so it looks there's indeed a problem with this; a similar (or the same) issue has just been discussed in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/is-there-a-way-to-force-19-2-update-to-show/m-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines