• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an advanced interactive contents?

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the contents interaction style on the attachment and thought it was cool, how to do it?

243381074lt3_0-1651802649090.png

TOPICS
EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

As mentioned, I recommend you use InDesign's Publish Online facility – do not use the Interactive PDF format, which may seem tempting but will have issues, particularly on devices, such as smartphones and tablets.

(Another format option to consider would be FXL ePub.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't see any interaction on the sample ; it might be a (static) PDF downloaded from an InDesign Publish Online document, which could have interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek :

What I want to achieve is an advanced interactive contents.
After clicking the contents, the text and border will be highlighted.As shown below

243381074lt3_0-1651815591249.png

243381074lt3_1-1651815608339.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, I recommend you use InDesign's Publish Online facility – do not use the Interactive PDF format, which may seem tempting but will have issues, particularly on devices, such as smartphones and tablets.

(Another format option to consider would be FXL ePub.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is nothing particularly special or interactive about this: each entry in the sidebar table of contents is an ordinary link to an ordinary page.

One each linked page the styling for that particular linked entry is changed. That's it. Nothing special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines