Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to decompile jsxbin to jsx

Participant ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a jsxbin script. I want to edit the script, so i need to decompile the script to jsx. How can it possible.

Thanks in Advance,

Mahesh

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not.

The whole idea behind jsxbin, is to protect it from being viewed and edited...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

There is NO way to decompile jsxbin.

--

tomaxxi

http://indisnip.wordpress.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously didn't write it yourself then.

Ask the one you got the script from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An answer like this really isn't helpful. I happen to be in the same boat as the person who initially asked the question. I realize this is a very old thread, but in my case. The person who wrote the code no longer works for the company and I need to decompile and edit. There are situations where this is necessary and one cannot go back to the person who wrote the script initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @anitam1405587,

It may not be the right answer to you but this is the only answer. Technically speaking everything can be reverse engineered with varying degree of success. However, this is not a forum to discuss such things and to add to it the major portion of people responding to this thread are themselves InDesign scripters, and jsxbin format is a protection for our creations. We are not going to actively help in sabotaging a thing that is designed to protect us.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I get your point about this, it's not as if I'm not sympathetic. I'll go to GitHub, they'll help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even on Github if you do find a project, the people doing that would be someone from among us, so no sympathies needed. However, you are not heeding to sound advice. Even if you get to the point of getting it decompiled, the code that you would mostly likely get would not be in a state that would be easy to make edits to. If your team is shying away from writing it when you know your needs then goodluck managing a blob of code if you reach that state.

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you wrote this a long time ago, but I'm in the same boat as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @anitam1405587 ,

the answer is still the same.

Hand the job over to someone who can write a new script from scratch.

This time not saved as *.jsxbin file, but in plain, readable code.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person who wrote the code no longer works for the company and I need to decompile and edit. 

There's a lesson for you (and anyone in the same boat): when you commission a script, while the script is being developed you work with compiled scripts. After the final payment you should get the source code. You should arrange this before work starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear, I am only a worker bee within a company who has been given a task. The person who developed the code was also a long-term full-time employee who moved on. Now I'm stuck trying to problem solve after his departure.

I find it hard to believe others haven't found themselves in a similar situation.

Regardless, I managed to find the source files...FINALLY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines