• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export an InDesign file consisting of page spreads in to single pdf pages

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All...First time poster!

I have an InDesign Document that was set up as two pages in two spreads but now I am trying to export to a PDF as Single Pages (for email purposes) although even when ensuring the spreads option is not check, the output is still coming as a spread. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please help!
InDesign Screen Capture 2 pages in 2 spreads with print options.JPG

PDF.JPG

***** Title renamed by Moderator "VS" *****

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Hi all,

See  https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/find-answers-to-commonly-asked-questions-about-document-setup/td-p/11993765  for a consolidated list of solutions around document setup in InDesign. Try the solutions and let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Candace,

It looks like the artwork is not set up as single pages. Those two spreads that you have contain two pages each. Check your document setup dialog (File>Document Setup...) and see whether facing pages is selected.

You may need to set up a new document with facing pages and copy and paste your elements into it.

Regards,

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots don't tell enough, as we do not see the pages.

I suppose the document setup was done wrong, instead of setting up the size in the size of xropped pages, the document was set up in spread's site. This would be terrible wrong,

Start again with a new facing page document and copy and paste from this to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That is what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Your pages look too wide. Document setup has to have the size of a single cropped page, never the size of a spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Candace,

Do you mean that is what you did initially, and still have a problem? Or that you are now OK?

Regards,

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am okay now.

I did not set up the document, just received the working files. I copy & pasted as suggested to get the document I required.

Thank you for your help.

Candace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change to a pages view from a spread view in InDesign you can do this,

file >> document Setup >> (UNCHECK) facing pages

To change the order after exporting the file to a PDF.  Open the PDF in Acrobat and then press "F4".  Then rearrange as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a document set up as NOT facing pages. In my pages menu, they show are individual pages but when I go to add pages, it says "you can't have more than 10 pages in a spread." but I don't have spreads. In doc setup, facing pages is not checked. At the bottom of the pages dropdown, it says "67 pages in 67 spreads." This needs to be single pages and as complex as the document is, I can't start over. Do you have a clue how I can fix this or even how I caused it? I've never had this happen before. I'm not a new user. Just bizarre. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks! be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on Allow Document Pages to Shuffle.

allow document pages to shuffle.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is almost identical to the author's. The document I have was setup for print but now is needed in a pdf form for email.

So I just tried this, but it seems instead of the document being set up as sized for individual pages 2700x3600px then set up as a spread. She made the page sizes 5400x3600px so instead of 8 pages that either export as a spread or individually. I have 4 pages at 5400x3600px how can I split these?

Does this make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change your 4 page document to 8 facing pages and export to a single page pdf, or create a new 8 page document and place the original 4 page document into the new document and export to a new 8 page pdf.

8 pages.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

See  https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/find-answers-to-commonly-asked-questions-about-document-setu...  for a consolidated list of solutions around document setup in InDesign. Try the solutions and let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines