• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks, text anchors, and zoom

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 20-ish page Indesign document, which will eventually become an interactive PDF. Several words and phrases link to explanations in a glossary section. I set this up using text anchors and hyperlinks, and it works well enough. BUT, the client would like to add a zoom effect to each hyperlink. I have not found an obvious way to do this in either Indesign or Acrobat. Any tips?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can think of to do this, would be to use the interactive tools to show an animated gif image of the hyperlink when someone hovers over the link. Thing is, that item wouldn't be able to be a link, itself, as far as I can work out...
Do you have an example of what they mean by zoom effect? Maybe there's a simpler way.... but without knowing your requested end result for sure, it's hard to come up with one...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as mentioned, please clarify what you mean by zoom effect. 

Also, wondering if you can use Publish Online for this instead. Many interactive effects are possible, as you can see in the many document samples included here: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both, and I see what you mean about my use of the word "zoom."  In this case, I mean zoom in the sense of magnification rather than as some kind of visual effect. The client just wants the selected glossary term to be the focal point on a page full of glossary terms.

Unfortunately, this has to be an interactive PDF. We haven't use Publish Online, but on a few projects we used Ajar's In5 plugin.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Indesign, you cannot set a zoom setting for the destination on a hyperlink. For a button, you can set some zoom levels like "fit width", "fit visible" on the desination.

Once you export PDF, in Acrobat you can change existing hyperlinks and reset the link with a specific zoom level for the destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines