• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID 18.4 PDF Export using Printer's Marks & Document Bleed shows incomplete rendering opening in Acro

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have updated to the new version (18.4) of InDesign, but while some documents export properly to PDF, some others don’t.

Windows 10.

Not too sure how to detail the problem better without attaching a file…

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Hi @Astronomie-Québec ,

a fix is under way, InDesign version 18.5.0:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

InDesign 2023 (version 18.5)

Core features and workflow

• "Shinso" Print Document Preset is of the correct size now.

Production

• Partial rendering of images in exported PDF using ‘All Printer’s Marks’ and ‘Use Document Bleed’ export settings.
  • PDF Export using ZIP compression for images shows an “Insufficient data for an image” error on opening in Acrobat.

Stability and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. As rightly said by @Laubender, the issue should be fixed with InDesign 18.5, which is released in phases. If you have the updates available in your country, please try updating and let us know if the issue is resolved for you. For the people who don't see the update, please wait until the full rollout.

Note:- This is a phase-wise rollout, and updates will be available to users of different countries in the coming days. Check your notifications

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andrewb51522742 ,

well, could be still another bug.

I would do a separate bug report at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Also inform the RIP's vendor.

Provide simple test documents where the crash happens.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And @andrewb51522742 ,

could you open your own thread here in the forum describing your issue with the RIP.

More details on the version of software; vendor, version of APPE ( Adobe PDF Print Engine ) etc. pp.

That should draw more knowledgable people to the discussion.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried saving to .IDML and trying it again with InDesign 18.5? I had a few corrupted files that didn’t export to PDF properly (whichever version of InDesign I had been using at the time), and when I would save them to .IDML and reopen them in InDesign (then save as .INDD, but it’s not mandatory), then they would be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Agim31170049247v said:

"Hi, I deinstalled and reinstalled the newest Acrobat. That reinstalls the Diestiller too."

Hi @Agim31170049247v ,

I'd like to know how Acrobat Distiller can change anything with the discussed issues here.

Can you tell more about your workflow?

"At the moment PAC2021 can check the PDF for accessability "

Does that mean that you are successful with any accessability check for exported PDFs with:

InDesign 2023 version 18.3.0 ?

InDesign 2023 version 18.4.0 ?

InDesign 2023 version 18.5.0 ?

Sorry, it's not clear for me what exact version of InDesign you now have installed.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this was too early.  PAC2021 can't check the PDF for accessability again. We are on the latest versions. Everything seems to be random. We give up on this, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still: not having any problems after the 18.5 update, checking is fine both with new documents and re-exported documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines