• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image not showing up after export to pdf - not showing up in overprint too

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I would like to know what to do when an image does not show up in overprint and export. Kindly have a look at the screenshot. I need your help!!Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.13.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.14.10 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how my layers are.. Am I doing any mistake here?Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.20.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your attributes panel. Is the image set to non-printing?

Also, I can’t see much in the attached screenshow with the layers lanel visible. The image is too small whn I view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No the image is not set to non-printing. The box is unchecked. This is the screenshot of the layers.Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 3.04.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Window>Output>Attributes?

ss.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 5.19.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chandralekha,

go to your Links panel after selecting the frame.

Is the link still intact or is it missing? Relink the image.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 5.19.39 PM.png

The photo is linked and is 'not' set to non-printing. But it disappears when I click on overprint preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To solve the issue I would:

1. Remove the old frame with the image.

2. Place the image again.

Perhaps do a bug report. Keep the old version of the document and supply it to InDesign development:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the gray box what you see in Overprint preview? That does not look like a missing link or non-print setting. I lean toward it being some kind of file corruption. If you haven't already. try exporting the InDesign file as IDML. If that doesn't help, try resaving the photo under a new name, and placing it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it just disappears and there is no gray box on the page in InDesign. The gray box appears only when exported to pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What preset are you exporting to? Does it happen if you export with the PDF/X-4 preset, and you view in AcrobatPro? Looks like you might be viewing the PDF in a browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chandralekha,

so the issue is only visible in the exported PDF?

Do you view the PDF with Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro DC ?

If yes, look into Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro's Preferences:

Page Display > Page Content and Information propert

Make sure that this is checked:

[x] Show large images

Regards,

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm late on the response here, but I found this forum when having the same issue. When exporting a interactive PDF, the image was not showing up when I would send the PDF online through email. I fixed by optimizing the image in Photoshop. The image was much huge and needed to be shrunk down. Just something to try if anyone ever stumbles across this forum. I was able to troubleshoot and get the image to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had a similar problem. In my specific case, the image was loaded in a layer that had a fill colour on.

When turning this fill colour off (even though it wasn't visable in the first place since my image was on top of it) the export did finally show my image.
 
Here what it looked like when my image did export:

image.png

 

Here the setting when my image didn't export and just showed white in the PDF:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines