• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 17.01 - Recent file thumbnails on Home Screen not displaying

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open Indesign 17.01  the Home screen does not display an image of the recent files made in the past two weeks. It does however correctly display the images of files I made previously.

When I open Indesign 16.4 instead, all the Recent files are displayed with an image.

Can anyone recommend how to fix this please?

I have recently upgraded from OS Big Sur to OS Monterey. Could this be the reason for the problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my previous post.

Following a Community suggestion I tried the following:

Indesign - preferences - file handling: Saving Indesign files, Number of recent items to display = 20, Always save preview images with Documents (box ticked).

Then I did a restart of my Mac. Now the Home page for Indesign doesnt show ANY recents, let alone ones with images!

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

well, in your second screenshot you see the InDesign UI the way you do after a fresh install, the "factory settings" so to say.

You may have trashed your preferences and caches. So all info about recently opened InDesign documents is deleted and not available anymore.

Back to your issue with the previews of the documents:

Can you see the previews of your InDesign documents if you list the files in Adobe Bridge?

That would be the proof if InDesign has written any previews of pages to a document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same is happening with me in Indesign 2023, v18.1. I have checked settings to ensure that the homescreen shows the recent files but still I face this problem. I don't want to reset my preferences. Is there any other way to solve this issue? I am facing this for the first time. I have been using Indesign since version CS6. I wasn't facing this trouble till v18. 

I am using Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines