• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 17.1 cannot save file and delete the original file

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday (January 24, 2022) I have installed InDesign 17.1 on my PC. Since then I regularly get a message when exporting a book to PDF that the file cannot be saved because the file has already been opened, but the file does not yet exist. It works on a second try. An annoying error that can still be worked with. If the file already exists and needs to be overwritten, the file has suddenly disappeared. Very annoying but the file had to be recreated anyway.

This morning I got the same message twice when I wanted to add an INDD file to a book, InDesign crashed on 1 of the attempts. In both cases, the file was deleted. Now I hope I can get this back from the backup. This is absolutely not wanted and causes big problems for me.

In the meantime I have reinstalled the old version (17.0.1) and now I don't get this error anymore. But I already lost 2 files.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the crashing and the issue you were facing. Were you able to recover your files from the backup?

I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of the Operating System
  • Where are your files & links saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Do you have a screenshot of the messages you got?

Also, did you send the crash reports, including your Email ID, in them?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anshul Saini,

Thank you for the reaction.

Since I got the crash i noticed at a home PC that there was antoher update for InDesign. I first installed the update on january 24th, On the 25th I got another update wich I installed. I had tested at home whit this new update and the error did not occur during the last days. This morning I updated InDesign at my work office and start testing it for the error. It did not came back. It seems that the latest update solved the error.

But to answer your questions:

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro build: 19041.1415

Files are saved on network drive

I do not have a screenshot of the message. 

When InDesign crashes I always send a crash report, but I cannot find back if my mailadres was included. In was logged in when the crash occured.

After a while searching I got the files back. For now everything looks fine again. when something changes I will let you know.

Best regards,

Jasper Scheffers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing the details. Please feel free to reach out if you you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines