• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 Edit>Incopy>Export menu option missing?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking into this for a colleague as I have become the de facto IT person at our business. We use multiple versions of InDesign in our work and was recently asked if I could help them get the InCopy export menu item on their InDesign. From what I can see this item is present in at least 2019 and 2021. It however does not appear to be in 2020. I have not used this option or even seen it before, so I am unfamiliar with its actual functionality.

Was this option removed for the 2020 version or is there a setting that needs to be turned on in order for it to appear?

Any help is appreaciated.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Yes, it is, and you hadn't mentioned Woodwing earlier. I would contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. Try trashing your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BobLevine,

Thanks for the reply. Usually I think start with that, but for some reason not this time. Unfortunately it had no effect. I have also tried removing any third party plugins (WoodWing), but same as above. I'm now going to try a fresh install starting with the oldest version of 2020 I can get to, and then update if it is present and see where it drops off. Currently I am on 15.1.3.302.

I will post back with the results of that, and then continue testing if it is not the solution. If you have a version of 2020 installed as well, could you let me know if that menu option is present on yours?

Thanks in advace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am running on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 for additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is, and you hadn't mentioned Woodwing earlier. I would contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help and bouncing ideas. It was Woodwing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With some editorial systems you have to disable or remove InCopy related plug-ins. I don't know whether this is still the case with Woodwing.

Either the editorial system installer has removed them from their default location, or the plug-ins are just excluded from PluginConfig.txt . Since InDesign has no plug-in manager any more, you have to edit that file yourself with a text editor such as BBEdit - please don't use Word.

That file is buried in 

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 15.0/en_US/PlugInConfig.txt

Adjust your name, version number and locale.

The excluded paths would be something like

/Applications/Adobe InDesign  .../Adobe InDesign ... .app/Contents/MacOS/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/...

If those plug-in files were physically deleted instead, you will have more luck with a reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines