• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 (v. 17.4) ImageCatalog script broken

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original javascript ImageCatalog script as well as ImageCatalog-EDITED by Laubender. They have both served their purpose, but with the recent InDesign update, I am encountering an error as shown below:

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 11.35.00 AM.png

I don't know if fixing this error will create other errors, and I am not a coder. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much... I'm running macOS Catalina v. 10.15.7 if that's helpful.

Debbie

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Ok.... @rob day .... this is most embarassing... None of those scripts were working.... I quit InDesign 2022 and launched InDesign 2021 to get what I needed to do for this project done. Then quit InDesign 2021 and re-launched InDesign 2022 to run your script... and... it worked... so did ImageCatalog! No issues...

I guess there were gremlins in my computer!

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be noted that in the original version of ImageCatalog, the error appears on line 300 instead.

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @debbieg53798723 , the ImageCatalog is from 2009, so that might be a problem. You are welcome to try this catalog script, which is working in CC2021:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/ade2b284-c8f0-4828-5974-bdce11b7e190

Dialog:

Screen Shot 8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rob, ImageCatalog and ImageCatalog-Edited both work in 2021 as well. I tried downloading your scripts before I created this thread, but they error out differently in 2022. I need the fix for 2022 to maintain InDesign version synchronicity with my workmates.

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but they error out differently in 2022

Can you show a capture of the error dialog for my script? What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.... @rob day .... this is most embarassing... None of those scripts were working.... I quit InDesign 2022 and launched InDesign 2021 to get what I needed to do for this project done. Then quit InDesign 2021 and re-launched InDesign 2022 to run your script... and... it worked... so did ImageCatalog! No issues...

I guess there were gremlins in my computer!

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines