• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2018 won't open

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign gives me these two prompts when attempting to open. I tried the Ctr+alt+shift when opening but it still won't work. I have Windows 7, and Illustrator and Photoshop work fine.

crash2.pngcrash1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maggied,

We are sorry to inform you that this is a known issue and a bug has been locked for this issue and we are working on it at the moment.

I would request you to please share details mentioned below:-

• Have you clicked on Advanced settings while installing the update
  • Have you checked or unchecked the import preferences from older version
  • Have you checked or unchecked “Remove older versions”
  • Share logs using Log collector tool before making any changes (http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/LogCollector/win/LogCollectorTool.exe)
  • System info
  • Preferences folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 13.0
  • Screenshot or error message

Also, Please try the steps mentioned below:

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ETA on a fix for this?

-removing the app data directories had no effect

-changing permissions to these folders has no effect

-removing & reinstalling has no effect

-changing permissions to corresponding adobe indesign reg entries including hkey CU & Local machine have no effect

-removed 2018 & reinstalled 2017 for the time being until a provided fix is available

Adobe CC suite, all apps are fine on 2018 except for indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the MacOS version of InDesign 2018. It crashes on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you getting the same error of permissions issue to access the preferences folder as in previous note or InDesign is crashing on launch showing any error message. Please send your crash report to ansjain@adobe.com.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We believe we have a fix available for the same. Can you follow the steps mentioned in the following KB document - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-fixes-october-2017-release.html and confirm if it resolves your issue?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have followed the steps as described.

Problem still remains.

I have sent crash report through app.

Rok

Rok Lesjak

Vodja računalniške priprave

Head of desktop publishing

Ljubljanska cesta 56

4240 Radovljica

T: 04 537 18 19

E: rok@tkr.si

www.tkr.si

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of the issue and are currently investigating into the issue.

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran the suggestion fix, same results.

Tried to clear preferences by control+alt+shift on launch and after choosing yes to clear same error comes up and fails to launch the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please send me the crash log and mail me at santalwa@adobe.com

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanyam,

The patch that was issued last week worked for me.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sanyamt This patched worked for me however it would be nice if these issue could be made known before the install. Wasted lots of time trying to resolve this with going by the error prompt message.

crash2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for updates on Adobe Creative Cloud. Nothing there. Still can't open 2018 InDesign because of the permissions issue and your second level support group hasn't called back since last Thursday. Will you please figure this thing out. I have a demanding boss breathing down my neck and he doesn't care why productivity has gone down. He just expects things to work. By the end of the week I'm telling everyone in my design group to dump 2018 and we'll all go back to 2017. At least we will be able to open each others files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graphic-Knowledge/Tony_K/JanBarborik,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have already performed all the steps mentioned above. Then we need to troubleshoot the issue on live remote sessions, for that please contact our customer support team @ Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug fix DOES NOT WORK!!! Did the manual replacement of files deal. Nada. The app worked before, now it's useless. What the hell is going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please send me the crash log and mail me at santalwa@adobe.com

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I did the bug fix and THAN yours truly did the 4 finger job of control/option/shift/control to ask ID to reset prefrenses as the manual removal did not work. Will do a restart of ID later to see if the fix is for real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now CC 2017 keeps crashing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me the crash logs at santalwa@adobe,com and also try launching InDesign by clearing cache and preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me the crash logs at santalwa@adobe,com and also try launching InDesign by clearing cache and preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to CC 2018, which freezes on start up (menu/general screen shows up, but never loads the "Recents", etc.

Screenshot:  Dropbox - Screenshot 2017-10-31 10.51.14.png

Doesn't crash and needs to be manually killed off via task manager.

Uninstalled and reinstalled.  No preferences carried over and ensured past versions were also uninstalled.  No improvement.

Tried the CopyPlugins fix that was posted, no improvement.

Starts up fine if run as Administrator, but this is not an acceptable solution.

If I uninstall CC 2018 and reinstall CC 2017, that version still works.

Running Windows 7 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s starting up as an admin it sounds like you have a permissions issue somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines