• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Indesign crashing when creating cross reference

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

When I want to create a cross reference in a INDD (which I did on a daily basis without problems) the pop-up opens I search for the location frome where or to what it should link, click it. Then Indesign says save document (which it never asked before) then the little cirkle starts to turn and the message: a problem has occured with Adobe Indesign 2023 pops up, then Indesign crashes. Does anybody knows why. Has it something to do with an indesign update?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the IDML repair path?

Look into the file history if something apears which should not be there. Hold down comd/ctrl and go to Abotu InDesign …

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realy can't make out in all the data that apears if there is something that should not be there. Important is that there are no missing plug-ins

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, after the MAJOR update, preferences get corrupted - or your file been already corrupted in a way that the old version was able to "ignore" it - but the new version crashes.

Can automate anything - as long as it doesn't require A.I.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colleagues suggested that the file might be corrupted. If found a way to work around.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned by @Willi Adelberger - try IDMLing or trash your prefs:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Can automate anything - as long as it doesn't require A.I.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines