• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS3 crashes upon launch

New Here ,
May 04, 2007 May 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other applications in CS3 launch fine. Anyone else have this problem?

(Windows XP Media Center Edition)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 117 Replies 117
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and got the following from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=331906.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been having the same problem it crashing at Executing Startup Services.

i tryed to rename SING.framework and even just temp trash it and then my indesign doesnt even get the crash msg it just acts like it wasnt even opened

anyone know whats wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave R/W permissions to the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SING folder and that fixed my issues. Or you could remove it I guess but I would rather set permissions first....probably just one file that needs r/w or something.

-Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
I just renamed "C:\Documents and Settings\mshorter\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version 5.0\InDesign Defaults" to "OLD InDesign Defaults" and all started just fine. I had to reinstall after I tried to open an InDesign CS 1 Library and Indy CS3 blew up 😞 It was nice that it happened on Friday afternoon at 3.30pm with a 4.00pm deadline! Thank God I still had Indy CS 1 installed!

I hope that helps someone,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI...
I have indesign 4.0 CS2, and when i try to launch it i see message "indesign.exe encoutered a problem and need to be closed. bla bla...".
Nothing is helping, from what is written above, nothing in adobe forums..

such files like SING do not exsist at all.. :(

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright,wo get the same problem.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc48576/0

Windows report agm.dll error when starting Indesign CS3. Seems there is a bug with agm.dll (adobe graphics manager?).

I try 3 PCs. They all report error.

CPU: AMD 3200+, Intel PIII, VIA C3

RAM: more than 1GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using Indesign CS2 for the first time. I open the file i wish to use and the loading screen appears and runs through fine. Once i have the document on screen though i go to click on any of the tools, or even the screen and it just freezes. anybody got any clues? I'm not an IT expert or anything so am stumped. If it helps this is the error i get:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: InDesign.exe
Application Version: 4.0.0.421
Application Timestamp: 424e0829
Hang Signature: fa46
Hang Type: 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy,

You need to update to the most recent patch, version 4.0.5, build 688. It's available on the downloads page.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2007 Dec 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm getting the same error as well. In my case it crashes when it reaches "Loading plug-in modules" (or something like that, I'm using a Norwegian copy).

I'm using the latest 30-day trial downloaded from adobe.com on Windows XP SP2.

Would be glad to know if anyone has figured out a solutoon - none of the above did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2008 Jan 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS3 crashes upon launch - solution
you dont have 2 del anithing !!!

go to "run" type "services.msc"
find print spooler and change it to auto.
than start the service menualy (jest to save time of restart)
and run indesign

have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help. When I try to open (for the first time) CS3 I get the error program has stopped working. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark/ Cadesign IT is the SHIT!

Removing Root/Library/Application Support/ Adobe/ SING [on a mac] Fixed everything.

Cheers!

(this was after running Adobe's script, reinstalling, etc. to no avail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had this problem as well, and the default printer was the cause - turned my printer on and switched it on and the damn thing started fine !

I'd deleted all the sing files - downloaded the latest updates did everything - nothing worked till I turned on my printer !

Best od luck and thanks to all the folks who have contributed to this forum !!

peace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2008 May 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem while working on in the Indesign CS2.'inDesign.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. bla bla.

When I open the software again, it will start and then will display same think and closes down. (probably it tries to recover the previous unsaved file)

Then I open again it will be open with a display message "Adobe Indesign automatic recovery failed the last time it tried to open the document "Untitled" bla bla

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Davaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davaa,<br /><br />First, "bla bla" isn't too helpful, even with standard error messages. I suspect this one asked if you wanted to try to recover again or delete the recovery data. Since recovery isn't working, you need to delete the data.<br /><br />You can do this manually if necessary, by going to the folder at \Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version 4.0\InDesign Recovery and deleting anything you find there. That should allow you to restart InDesign, but it won't recover your unsaved file. Since it is listed in the error as "Untitled" there will be no file anywhere else on your system for you to access to attempt to recover that work (unless of course you actually DID save the file as Untitled) so that work will be gone forever.<br /><br />This kind of problem is often related to either a bad font or bad graphic file that you placed, very often in .eps format, which might give you a clue about where the problem originated.<br /><br />Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you very much for your kind advises.
Yes, that file has several .ptt drawings.
May be that is the problem.
What is the best way to include drawings into the CS2.

Davaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by .ptt you mean PowerPoint, save them as PDF if you can, then place those. You can also try moving them through Illustrator and saving as .AI. I don't use PowerPoint, so I don't know all the ins and outs.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to whatextension.com .ptt is a BioWare Aurora Engine blueprint or a MapPoint Template (in graphics terms). Either way, or even if it is a typo for .ppt, the drawings are in there, so have been accepted by InDesign for placement and should therefore not trip it up when opening the document.

Was this document made in CS2 using this copy of InDesign?

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My corrupted file was kindly repaired by David Dilling
Markzware Europe.

Thank you very much David.

Davaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you find out what was wrong with it?

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same exact problem launching InDesign CS3 for the first time where it crashed at launch- the ONLY solution that worked for me was to change my windows default printer temporarily to Acrobat/PDF- then launched the program without incident- then I closed InDesign and reset my default printer back to the original printer and relaunched InDesign a second time- problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all, especially Mark Hagan for this last posting. Indeed, I'd tried everything, but setting the default printer to adobe pdf was what did it. Not only did it solve this "disappearing program" problem for In Design, but solved this same problem I was also having with Illustrator and Device Central! The odd thing is that once opened and closed successfully, I can reset my network printer default as before and the programs still work.

I guess "just" symptoms of inherent fragility in overly complex systems.

I HOPE ADOBE IS PAYING ATTENTION!

Thanks again to the user community.

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I HOPE ADOBE IS PAYING ATTENTION!

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

But they do pay attention to bug reports:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

--
Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have tried just about everything on here. InDesign was running on this computer before fine. It has Windows xp pro version.
My father said that he updated and InDesign cs3 was failing at startup "Calling late initializers". We have installed and reinstalled. I have tried renaming and or deleting the sing file. I have renamed the adobe defaults file it just creates a new one. I have the printerspooler service at automatic switched through all the printers here. Nothing seems to be working. It says it has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Error signature:
AppName:indesign.exe
AppVer: 5.0.0.458
ModName: adobeowl.dll
ModVer: 1.0.93.0
Offset: 00069cab
Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines