• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Tables

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have to make a lot of changes in tables in a document that i got from a client. I want to adjust the height of a lot of rows to a height of 12 mm or so, but for some reason i can not go higher than 7 mm.
Can anybody tell me what the problem is here, and what to do about it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Hi @Arie Mastenbroek:

How are you setting the row height? The range in millimeters is 1.058 mm and 2000 mm. You set the minimum and maximum height by selecting the row you want to target and choosing Table > Cell Options > Rows and Columns. I'm guessing that you have the max set to 7 mm. If you want the rows to be 12 mm, make that the minimum value. And then give yourself some room in case the content forces the cell to grow to accomodate it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

I want to adjust the height of a lot of rows to a height of 12 mm or so, but for some reason i can not go higher than 7 mm.

How have you attempted it, and what happens when you do?

If you've only tried click-dragging, and it's disallowed, it's because of the Row Height settings in effect. You could access that by clicking inside the row (or selecting multiple rows), and choosing Table > Cell Options > Rows and Columns... The Maximum field may be set to 7 mm.

JohnMensinger_0-1677166650059.png

If I wanted to step through

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Arie Mastenbroek:

How are you setting the row height? The range in millimeters is 1.058 mm and 2000 mm. You set the minimum and maximum height by selecting the row you want to target and choosing Table > Cell Options > Rows and Columns. I'm guessing that you have the max set to 7 mm. If you want the rows to be 12 mm, make that the minimum value. And then give yourself some room in case the content forces the cell to grow to accomodate it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, This works! Sometimes you keep looking for the setting and it's so obvious that you don't see it... : )

Thank you for you reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to adjust the height of a lot of rows to a height of 12 mm or so, but for some reason i can not go higher than 7 mm.

How have you attempted it, and what happens when you do?

If you've only tried click-dragging, and it's disallowed, it's because of the Row Height settings in effect. You could access that by clicking inside the row (or selecting multiple rows), and choosing Table > Cell Options > Rows and Columns... The Maximum field may be set to 7 mm.

JohnMensinger_0-1677166650059.png

If I wanted to step through a document making repeated adjustments numerically, first (with nothing selected),  I'd set that Maximum Row Height field to something that will offer some headroom, then I'd get the Table panel up on my screen. Again, click inside a row (or select multiple rows), and set the Row Height field to 'At Least' and enter 12 mm in the value field.

JohnMensinger_0-1677166289470.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John, thank you for your reply. It works. I was looking over this one... : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines