• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive form, selection of check boxes, only want option to click one

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interactive form set up in Indesign CS6 and have muliple check boxes, I have them set to only appear when clicked, however our client would like it so that when one is clicked it won't let you click the others, so bascially is there are 10 check boxes, only allow you to click 1.

Kind regards

Mark

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Just found a possible solution if anybody else gets stuck on this.

Saved as Interactive PDF using the radio buttons, then opened in Acrobat and in the properties of the radio button, then under 'options' changed the 'button style' to 'check' and that seemed to work.

Kind regards

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would need Javascript. Moving the post to InDesign scripting forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for placing my post in the correct place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used ID's new form features, so  I don't know if yo can set that property for a checkbox directly in ID, but you should be able to to do this in Acrobat. As I recall, all the check boxes need to have the same control name.

That said, the select-one-only behavior is usually associated with Radio Buttons, not checkboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, that may sort the issue anyway, never thought of using radio buttons instead. If there is a way to change the appearance of the radio button to view as a tick, then the issue would be solved, however I am sure a circle would suffice.

Thanks for your quick help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found a possible solution if anybody else gets stuck on this.

Saved as Interactive PDF using the radio buttons, then opened in Acrobat and in the properties of the radio button, then under 'options' changed the 'button style' to 'check' and that seemed to work.

Kind regards

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is accomplished by simply naming the check boxes the same name, which creates an array in which only one can be selected at the same time. In your Buttons and Forms control panel, set two or more check boxes to have the same name, the Button Value can of course be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you... 9 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines