Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘C doesn't work

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I noticed that in the latest ID (18.1) the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘C doesn't work. That is: fit the frame to the content. Selecting from the menu works, but not from the keyboard.
Mac Mini M1 + Ventura + ID 18.1
Can you check if it works for you?

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

I also have no problem with Cmd-Option-C to fit frame to content. I'm using a 2021 MacBook Pro, M1 Pro chip, Ventura 13.1 in InDesign 18.1.

I'd suggest to troubleshoot, shut down your computer. Then when starting up, hold down the Shift key to stop application loading automatically. OPEN INDESIGN FIRST, and see if the shortcut works.

Sometimes applications or extensions can "grab modifier keys". If it works then, try opening you programs one by one. Sometimes it's a programs like virus block

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

On that note, did you migrate preferences when you installed v18? If you did, after you try Steve's recommendation of eliminating the apps that start when you boot up, reset preferences. We also get lots of reports of weird things happening after migrating preferences. I just stopped doing it years ago.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marius Bienius:

It does for me. MacBook Pro, M1, Monterey, 18.1. But we know that sometimes other applications interfere with the InDesign shortcuts. Are all your other shortcuts working?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barb Binder, thanks for your reply.
I haven't noticed the others not working. Only this one doesn't work for me... for now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marius Bienius:

So try restarting your computer and only open InDesign. Do the keyboard shortcuts work again?

And could Ventura have a conflicting shortcut? I looked briefly and only see ⇧⌘ C but not ⌥⌘C.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ⌥⌘C.
Restarting doesn't help. The shortcut stopped working after updating to the latest version. It was working normally before.

MariusBienius_0-1673205346667.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no problem with Cmd-Option-C to fit frame to content. I'm using a 2021 MacBook Pro, M1 Pro chip, Ventura 13.1 in InDesign 18.1.

I'd suggest to troubleshoot, shut down your computer. Then when starting up, hold down the Shift key to stop application loading automatically. OPEN INDESIGN FIRST, and see if the shortcut works.

Sometimes applications or extensions can "grab modifier keys". If it works then, try opening you programs one by one. Sometimes it's a programs like virus blocker or something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it but Tte shortcut stopped working after updating to the latest version. It was working normally before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On that note, did you migrate preferences when you installed v18? If you did, after you try Steve's recommendation of eliminating the apps that start when you boot up, reset preferences. We also get lots of reports of weird things happening after migrating preferences. I just stopped doing it years ago.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I migrated preferences. And I did both of your suggestions. It doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far did you get through my link? All the way to the bottom?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wait!

Despite booting the system with the shift key pressed, the window management program – Tiles started up. Looks like he's to blame! This uses this shortcut to center the window. I've never used it so I didn't know. But it's weird that it was working fine before. It works anyway 🙂
@Steve Werner, @Barb Binder Thanks for guiding 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are always happy to help, Marius.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines