• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving image moves content instead of box

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to v17, there seems to be an annoying bug, wondering if it's just me.

With the black arrow tool selected, grabbing any box of text, colour or images usually just moves whatever you've selected. But now, when I try to grab and move an image, it selects the image within the frame and moves that instead, which can move it out of the frame and 'disapear', although I know it's just out of the frame. It takes several 'grabs' to select the blue frame of the image to move that where I want it to. Why has this changed? It's really annoying! Previously, if you double clicked within the frame, you can select the image, but it seems to be just one click now - gah!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kitg94019183 :

Two thoughts:

1.  The colors of the first two arrows have changed in 2022, and that is causing some confusion. Be sure that you are using the Selection tool (the top arrow) and not the Direct Selection tool (the 2nd arrow). You are describing how the Direct Selection tool works. 
  2.  If you do have the Selection tool, be sure that you don't drag the Content Grabber—the doughnut in the middle of the image—becuase that temporarily selects the Direct Selection tool.

~Barb 

tools.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines