• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oversized cursor in InDesign 2023

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a recent system update, the cursor in InDesign (2023 on Windows 10) is suddenly huge. It reverts to normal size when I drag it over the tools or other menus. I notice this only occurs on my extended monitors. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

SM

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

I had this same issue. I had to change the interface sizing to large (make sure the cursor resizing is on). Restart INDD, and then you can change back to the normal size, restart again, and then my cursor went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default2b2v7kcqn9fc,

Thank you for reaching out. We would request you to please check the below settings in InDesign and see if that helps.

image (18).png

Could you please also try changing the Display Setting of your extended monitor to Default? In Scale and Layout, keep it to 100% and Display Resolution to 1080 or 4k, depending upon your external monitor.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1674832059122.png

Let us know if that helps. We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika:

Thanks for the response.

My InDesign User Interface Scaling options were as pictured in your post.

I don't have the a resolution option of 1080 with my extended monitors, but the settings are 100% and the the display resolution is 1680 x 1050 (Recommended):

default2b2v7kcqn9fc_0-1674853548552.png

These are the same settings I had applied previously when everything was working correctly.

Thanks,

SM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation and for sharing the screenshot. Would you mind confirming if it's happening with InDesign only or other Adobe apps like Illustrator and Photoshop?

Could you please check the same issue on the previous version of InDesign, i.e., Id 18.0, and share the results with me? Please also share the details of your external monitor, like the make and model number.

We will try our best to investigate further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem only occurs with InDesign 2023. I launched InDesign 2022 and the cursor appears normal (that is, not oversized).

One of my extended monitors is a Dell Model P223f, and the other is an AOC 2217V (Model TFT22W90PS). I'm running these from a Dell Precision 5560.

When I move the cursor off the page it appears as:

default2b2v7kcqn9fc_0-1674856103106.png

On the page, it appears as: 

default2b2v7kcqn9fc_1-1674856129175.png

Thanks,

SM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. I had to change the interface sizing to large (make sure the cursor resizing is on). Restart INDD, and then you can change back to the normal size, restart again, and then my cursor went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still did not work for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still having this issue as well! Only on my extendid monitor, not my main one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. Tried it all. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines