• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone Connect Not Adding Swatch To Swatch Palette

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This horrible greedy decision by Adobe & Pantone is turning out to be even worse than imagined. I'm being robbed, i mean i'm paying another monthly subscription fee, but this product does not work. 

Every time we search for a color, click on the 3 dots to Add To Swatch, the color never shows up in my local Swatch Pallete. 

Please advise on how colors are supposed to be added to my pallete. It does the same thing inside Illustrator. 

Wish i could get rid of every pantone ink and adobe product at this point. 

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jond87042160 , Have you tried contacting Pantone it’s their extension, not Adobe’s.

Also, InDesign still reads .acb files, so if you have the Pantone .acb libraries from a previous version you can manually move them into the Swatch Libraries folder:

Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe InDesign 20XX⁩ ▸ ⁨Presets⁩ ▸ ⁨Swatch Libraries⁩

The only change is Adobe no longer installs the .acb files on an upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is being noted on other posts as well - it sounds like something has gone wrong with Pantone Connect as of today. Users are unable to add to swatches via Connect. Contact Pantone Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to say, but Pantone Connect seems to be very poorly written and gets very poor ratings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this issue and I have a workaround of sorts. For me at least, the (current as of May 2023) issue is that Pantone Connect won't add a swatch when there is no document open, but it will when a document is open. I wanted to add a persistent swatch for new documents, so I opened a document, added the swatch, exported all of my swatches, closed the document, and then imported the swatches I had saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ben428 , You can avoid the Pantone Connect mess and manually install the .acb files from an earlier ID version, or you can get more up-to-date libraries here:

https://github.com/Autocrit/Pantone-color-libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This horrible greedy decision by Adobe & Pantone

By @jond87042160

It was Pantones decision to pull it's product from Adobe software and charge another fee. 

Rollback to a previous InDesign version
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#:~:text=Open%20the%20Cr....

Or you can load the .acb files from the previous versions of InDesign - by copying them in their folders.

These are just files like any other files.

If there's an issue with Pantone Connect you need to raise it with Pantone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines