Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing a multiple page PDF into InDesign

Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5.  I'm working on a multipage document in InDesign and I want to bring in a multipage PDF document into that InDesign document.  For some reason, when I do File>Place, it brings in the first page of the PDF (with perfect formatting) but the other pages do not come in.  Is there some other setting that I'm missing to capture all pages of the PDF to transfer into the same number of pages in my InDesign document?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Hi all,

See  (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/place-a-multipage-pdf-in-indesign/td-p/11343293 )  for a consolidated list of scripts and solutions to place multipage PDF in InDesign. Try the solutions and let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rachelle5C1F,

the Multipage Importer script provides a starting page and a range of PDF pages to import.

So you could, for example, place e.g. pages 112 to 115 of your PDF beginning with page 5. Do that for every range in your document, leave out the pages where no PDF page should be positioned.

Or you could add blank pages in your PDF you want to place and import all pages in one go.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines