Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help! The audio.mp3 file embebed not working

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I embebed an mp3 file into the InDesign v. 15 doc. I create the button with all parameter. In preview I do clic on the button and the music sounds but when I export to pdf(pdf2024) nothing happens.

Please. I dont know what else to do.

Ana

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting to Interactive PDF?

If yes, and this is still an issue, instead of placing mp3 in Indesign, you can try adding a sound file in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please. I have just two days to fix this problem. Can you makea photo with
pdf open and showing how to place the sound? Please? I need this job very
much and my boss demand me the best work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official Adobe instructions for inserting audio into an interactive PDF, in Acrobat, are located here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/rich-media.html

Note that the documentation claims that you can't play back just any MP3 in Acrobat:

Acrobat Pro has the ability to play back files that are encoded in H.264 with AAC audio, such as .mp3 and .mov formats

I don't know if that is the source of your challenge getting audio to play back in Acrobat after exporting PDF from InDesign, but it doesn't matter if your MP3 is put into InDesign, or into Acrobat after exporting PDF, if it's not encoded correctly. Or so says the documentation - I've not tried to put audio into a PDF in many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:
I read the link you kindly sent me. And the first thing I notice is the
diference betwen the user interface of my pdf version (which is all black?
and the one shown in this website. Do you know what number of version this
new Acrobat has?

Thank you
Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very first thing that I see on that page is this:

thius.png

I can't know if you're using the most recent version of Acrobat or not; you might be using the very latest, or you might have not updated it in a year. Additionally, Acrobat has a brand-new interface, which many people aren't using (they've gone into the menu in Acrobat and chosen "Disable New Acrobat"). Also, I think that the color of your background isn't the best way to tell what version of Acrobat you are using; I think that it could be set up to inherit a Dark Mode setting fom your OS?

So the first thing you should do is click that "help for your current experience" link. Then it should offer you help that matches your current Acrobat toolset. You're posting in the InDesign forum, not the Acrobat forum, so you're less likely to get good step-by-step instructions of how to use Acrobat tools. I'll say it again, though: Acrobat can't necessarily play all MP3s. If you're placing audio files into a PDF, whether by using InDesign and exporting an interactive PDF, or by going into your exported PDF and adding the audio in Acrobat, you need to ensure that your .mp3 file is properly encoded. Do you know what encoding your .mp3 file is using? Start there. You could follow the "add rich media to a PDF" instructions that I posted perfectly, but it would never work if your .mp3 file isn't a type of .mp3 file that Acrobat can play. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @impressive_force00614,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what our expert has suggested, would you mind updating InDesign to the current version i.e 19.5 and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I exported to interactive pdf.  I have pdf version of 2024.

Thanks

Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be issues with exporting media from Indesign. I know this is a workaround but, in Acrobat, you may want to try adding the audio here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign 15 and this pdf:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a duplicate of your earlier post on the same subject:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/i-need-help-with-pdf-generated-by-indesign/m-p/1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am desperate.

I have spent two weeks working in my InDesign document. I had several links to audio files. Today I finally exported to interactive pdf and I was happy! But when I change the pdf file to my desk it lost all links to music files!!!! All links got broken!!!

Please, what do I have to do for pdf file keep inside the music linked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@impressive_force00614 you need to embed the the files so you won't have that problem. Also, I would suggest using "HandBrake' to reduce the file size of those music file or else, it could lag a bit. I am guessing your file size of the PDF is quite big too! 

https://youtu.be/3GXGS_u5pUw?si=SJSqpt_vHVl9eKPV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/3GXGS_u5pUw?si=SJSqpt_vHVl9eKPV

By @creative explorer

While that video provides good advice, it is NOT for PDF export.

In fact, the author specifically notes in one comment: "Unfortunately, rich media and other interactivity will not work for Interactive PDF any longer as Adobe is phasing out Flash."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned you had "links to audio files". Are they just URLs such as "https://domain.com/audiofile" OR actual audio files placed in InDesign?

If it's the latter, then they won't work reliably in PDF. They may work in Adobe's own Acrobat - but their behavior is not guaranteed in countless 3rd-party PDF readers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leo.r I was curious if I could still create a simple interactive PDF:

• create a button (click to go to page 3)
  • Create a button on hover state and go to page 1
  • Add a video 
  • Add page transitions

Works in Acrobat except for page transitions

Works in Chrome except for the video and page transitions

Flaky in Preview (Mac App)

@impressive_force00614 as per @leo.r if the PDF is viewed in Adobe's Acrobat, you be fine. Anything else, who knows what it will do! 

You mentioned you had "links to audio files". Are they just URLs such as "https://domain.com/audiofile" OR actual audio files placed in InDesign?

If it's the latter, then they won't work reliably in PDF. They may work in Adobe's own Acrobat - but their behavior is not guaranteed in countless 3rd-party PDF readers. 

By @leo.r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as per @leo.r if the PDF is viewed in Adobe's Acrobat, you be fine.

By @creative explorer

Well. Just for the sake of ultimate accuracy:

I did NOT say that if the PDF is viewed in Acrobat, "you'll be fine". I said that "[audio files] may work" in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me which are your versions of InDesign and PDF Pro?

Mine are InDesign 15 and pdf 2024.

Thank you very much for answer.

Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for answer.

I learned how to embebed the .mp3 file inside the document. In panel
Buttons I set all parametters required and in the preview when I do clic on
button the music sounds the problem is tha pdf does not play de audio.

I have InDesign v.15 with PDF 2024
I add screen photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20240719-142006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@impressive_force00614 is this a statement or question? A little more information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines