• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing black page background color issue

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I need help QUICKKKK, but I am working on a magazine to be printed through a printing service. I have the background of one of my pages as a black color C:20 M20 Y:20 K:100 and I have png elements on top of it. When I print it to test it out on my regular printer from my laptop the "transparent" background of the png elements come out to be a darker black color than the background. 

I read somewhere on here to try printing it using the advances printing setting " print as image" and that fixed my problem except the white text on top of the black was now kind of blue. 

I am looking to fix the blue text issue as well as i am worried that when sending it to the printer the page will show up with the dark boxes around my elements. Is it just a problem with my printer and laptop and wont be a problem then or is it something I need to fix before sending it out? I have to send it out tonight eeeeeek. plz helppp thank u ❤️ 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assemble the background and the logo in Photoshop and flatten it to be on the safe side. Sometimes printshops don’t support transparency. Then place the file in InDesign, export according to the printers PDF specifications and there should be no problem with that page.
Sidenote: Usually those color discrpancies are a matter of the cheap printers compared to higher end production equipment. Mostly they do not support PostScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much I didnt think of doing that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. Please mark the answer as correct if it solved your issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @worriedleopard , Also the PNG format’s color space is RGB—it has no support for CMYK. With image formats you can accurately sample the background color of a placed file to create a matching (RGB for PNG) background color:

ed.png

If you open the Separation Preview panel, you can view the document CMYK separtion values for the PNG and background color:

sep.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also going to say this is just an anomaly with your specific printer.

Were you directly printing from ID or using a PDF?

In any case, if you create a Print PDF for your printing service, if there was an issue, it should show up there in Output Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C:20 M20 Y:20 K:100 would be a built CMYK color, and PNGs can only be RGB, so the color managed conversion of 0|0|0 RGB black to CMYK would never match 20|20|20|100.

If it’s an composite printer with an RGB driver, the conversion of 20|20|20|100 CMYK to RGB might not be absolute 0|0|0 black—depends on the assigned CMYK profile and the Appearance of Black Printing / Exporting setting. In any case the eyedropper accurately samples placed image pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also simply try making an all-raster Transparency Flattener custom setting, and applying that during your export. What you are describing is known as "Yucky Discolored Box Syndrome" and you can google plenty more about that.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines