• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with text wrap around image placed over coloured background

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hope someone can help. I have a master page spread which is black on one side and grey on the other. I am trying to add a picture with text wrap and text to go with it, on top of the grey page. The picture is visible, but the text is not, unless I tick the "ignore the text wrap option".However, if I do this, the text goes over the picture and doesn't wrap around it like I want it to. I can't seem to have a coloured background page AND an image with text wrap and still see my text.

I hope that makes sense!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Check the setting on that gray background; there may be a text wrap applied to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, the top is what I want to achieve, but on the master with the grey background on the left. I can only get the text to show if I ignore the text wrap, but then it is like the second image.

Fiona25915071ydoy_0-1662042247681.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no relation between text wrap and bakground color. You should be able to wrap the text around the image and keep the grey background. Are you sure that the text frame has no fill color? Or that there is a grey background? How did you get your grey background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I made my master I used a rectangular frame tool and filled it with black with a 35% tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the spreads with frame edges visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean like this?

Fiona25915071ydoy_0-1662044429366.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you have applied the grey master on this page? Nothing seems to be grey on your screenshot. And I don't see any background frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the master:

Fiona25915071ydoy_0-1662044558042.png

I'm self-taught in inDesign, so it is more than possible that I have set it up incorrectly! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the setting on that gray background; there may be a text wrap applied to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You star! I thought I had checked that, but clearly I missed it. Yes, all sorted now. Thanks so much to you and @jmlevy for your help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines