Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redraw issue with text boxes and character/paragraph styles

Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm using InDesign for the first time on my new machine and experiencing what appears to be a redraw issue. Unfortunately, the content of text boxes go blank on zoom and don't re-appear until you reset the view.

I've also noticed that applying character and paragraph styles take several seconds to adhere or won't update until you zoom in/out.

When you scale items, the text simply disappears until you zoom in/out.

Quite a severe flaw for a design tool. It can't be this buggy, surely?

Anybody else?

• InDesign 2022
  • MacBook Pro - M1 Max - (16" 2021)
  • macOS Monterry 12.2.1

Thanks,

Will

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Hi Will,

that is a known bug with InDesign on Macs with the M1 chip.

A fix is under way with InDesign 17.2 that currently is available at InDesign Prerelease, but it is not released yet.

You could join InDesign Prerelease so you have access to install this version from the CC Desktop App.

Or you'll wait until 17.2 is released to the public.

See into the bug report at InDesign UserVoice and into the link how to join Prerelease.

Sanyam Talwar (Lead Software Engineer, Adobe InDesign) has good n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I've spotted some updates on this issue from other posters. It's a known bug and has been since version 16 for the new chip Macs. I'm running version 17.2 and it's still an issue. Months on.

I'm paying £49 a month, £588 a year for this crap. Nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: If you click inside the text boxes after moving or copying it, the text reappears.

Hardly a workaround, but at least I can get this document done in time.

Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will,

that is a known bug with InDesign on Macs with the M1 chip.

A fix is under way with InDesign 17.2 that currently is available at InDesign Prerelease, but it is not released yet.

You could join InDesign Prerelease so you have access to install this version from the CC Desktop App.

Or you'll wait until 17.2 is released to the public.

See into the bug report at InDesign UserVoice and into the link how to join Prerelease.

Sanyam Talwar (Lead Software Engineer, Adobe InDesign) has good news for you:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/20408851-indesign-perfo...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Uwe.

The last Beta was released seven days ago, with some users still commenting on the same issue. I'll wait for the full release.

Adobe releasing an unusable flagship product is pretty disappointing, to say the least.

They must have tested this, found the bug, and decided to release it anyway. To much fanfare on email about native M1 compatibility. A full two years after Apple released them.

I appreciate that these things are difficult and have nothing to do with you, but Adobe charges a high premium.

A Premium we freelancers have really felt during this pandemic.

Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign won't now quit, for some reason.

Adobe has released an absolute Dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same issue as Monoboy and others on this thread. I upgraded to 17.2 and text editing is now slow and does not update / referesh until you click out of the tool you've been updating with. So 17.2 seems to be more the cause than the fix?!?!?!?!?! I've recently started to subconsciously refer to InDesign as Quark, for some reason? Yes, £49 a month does seem a bit steep for an app that is not fit for professional use. Progress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines