• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to Flowing table into the next textframe in InDesign

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created two textFrame which is threaded each otherScreenshot 2022-11-02 at 5.39.28 PM.pnginto this textframe I'll copy and paste table inside this textframe.. after that I'll add rows to that table.. and when there is no space in the textframe . The remaining rows needs to add into the next textframe.. is there any script to do this.. 

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 1.46.31 PM.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason the table is in another text frame inside the text frame?

Table can be placed as a text item within a single text frame. 

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here - maybe some more info on the workflow... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly - why table is inside the TextFrame as AnchoredObject ?

This won't work - it won't reflow. You can't have multiple TextFrames linked together as AnchoredObjects in another Story. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is I'm doing for paginating table into the textframe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do you want to do it like that? Why can't you place the table the "normal" way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into setting the table's text frames as Primary Text Frames on a master page and enable Smart Text Reflow under your preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience table rows do naturally flow to the next threaded text frame. Note that a single row won't split between text frames in Indesign 18. Maybe I have @brianp311's setting set. - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[...] sorry, should have checked pictures first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! so you want to flow a table from one anchored text frame to another? Hmm. That's tricky. A script could do it in various ways (I have two ideas immediately), but it wouldn't actually be threaded—it would be static and any text reflow would probably wreck it and require running the script again.

My best idea off the top of my head would be to set up the anchored text frames the desired sizes with script labels and then set up the table in threaded text frames the same heights as the anchored frames. Then a script could potentially position those non-anchored text frames exactly over the anchored text frames. They would look perfect, but wouldn't reflow until the script was re-run.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines