• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review Comments Disappearing

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar to the issue reported here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-share-for-review-update-the-link-delete...

Except now, I don't have to update the link for the comments to disappear, all I have to do is make an edit!

Today (08/02/22) when I opened my files, the markers were all there and I could see the comments in the Review window. I edited my first file, replyed to all comments, saved, and updated the link with no issues. But this afternoon with my second file, all of the comments just disappear every time I make an edit. I closed the file without saving it and when I reopened it, the comments were back; but when I made another edit, they disappeared again. I'm afraid to continue trying to edit this file because I don't want to save it and have the issue transfer to the published version the way they did here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-share-for-review-no-highlights-or-marke.... Please let me know if there is any way to fix this.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Thanks for replying, Rishabh. It suddenly started working normally, so I guess this is resolved. Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sarah Bundy24253010otvx ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm the version of InDesign and will it be possible for you to share the published link and the file with us? We'll try our best to assist you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have version 17.3. I work for a State government agency, so I can't post a link or the file here where an incomplete publication can be accessed by the general public. May I e-mail you directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost comments for another file. When I open the published view, all markers and comments are there, but when I open the file in InDesign, it looks like there is no Share for Review at all. It looks lik this issue is happening again: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-share-for-review-update-the-link-delete... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The second file with missing comments that I reported seems to have righted itself.

The first file I reported is still behaving strangely. The comments are now disappearing as soon as I open the file. This morning 08/04/22, I left the file open in InDesign and opened another Shared file; when I toggled back to the first file, the comments were back. I made an edit and the comments disappeared. I toggled to the second file, then back to the first file - the comments had reappeared and I was able to save. This makes no sense to me, but I'll do it as long as it makes it possible for me to continue editing the file - even if it's dreadfully slow. If anyone has any insight to this, please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the update: After working through a couple the way I outlined above, the Share for Review started behaving normally - I was able to finish editing, save, and update the link with no further issues. I don't know what happened, but I'm not going to complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning, Rishabh.

I replied to your message in the post; but I didn't receive a response in the post, so I don't know if you saw it.

We are using InDesign 17.3.

As you can see from my address, I work for a State government agency; I'm not authorized to post a link or the file of our incomplete publication because it might be accessed by the general public. May I e-mail those to you directly?

Have a great day!

Sarah Bundy
{Personal details removed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that one of the files is working. The one which is not working, you can send me directly by clicking on my name through DM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, Rishabh. It suddenly started working normally, so I guess this is resolved. Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming! Gald to hear that! Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue!

it happened to me yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. When I share the file with collegeaus, the comments disappear. Is there a way to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines