Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table in text frame: border issue to solve

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

It's been years I'd like to achieve a goal: to fix a sort of issue, related to tables and a particular case.

When I have to split a table into two or more text frame, it may occur that the format of a row in correspondance of a split section may be look as it shouldn't be, affecting the style of the consequent row in the following text frame. I hope I managed to explain in a way.

A video speaks better than my words above.

How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not entirely clear.

But you can force rows to keep with a next row.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/formatting-tables.html#:~:text=Choose%20Table%20%3E%20Cell%20....

So it might be possible to select the row and set it to start in next column

EugeneTyson_0-1644744148559.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply.

I hoped the video was self-explaining about the behaviour of my table style when content distributes on two text frames. I'll try to explain once again better.

I don't want to keep anything with the next row, if this means that Indesign lets me keep any style while creating breaks. I need to create a break on a row; but since the top-border of the next row has a style, if I resize the text frame including the table it occurs that the top-border becomes the bottom-border of the previous row, the one I want to break without being affected by the style of the next one in the other text frame.

This is the case: one table, distributed in two text frames; the last A on the first text frame shouldn't have the bottom-border, which is - instead - the top-border of the first B on the second text frame.

_

A   B

A   B

A   B

A   B

Is there a way to create a table break, continue with its content in another text frame while keeping styles separate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. Maybe it's me visualising what you want incorrectly.

I can't think of a way to do it. But maybe another person might have a suggestion for you.

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made another video, maybe it's easier to understand what I mean.

See what's happening during the resizing of the text frame including the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think it's just something  you'll have to manage manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines