Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Text and images are missing on PDF exported from InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 24 page doc consisting of basic text and images. Everything looks fine and there are no preflight errors. When I export to PDF the majority of the document is fine and then sporadically from pages 6-11 some text and photos go missing. I  have cleared all preferences, I tried turning texted into outlines, I tried deleting images and exported to see if i could find a bad file. I've got nothing. Ideas?

When I view the exported PDF I get "An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."  I created the PDF and there were no errors.

What it should be:

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 8.53.21 AM.png

What is exported:

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 8.52.10 AM.png

(Renamed by MOD)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019
Try saving the file as an idml. Sometimes that can flush out the bad juju.

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the file as an idml. Sometimes that can flush out the bad juju.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaemp, that did the trick. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, okay. So it just needed to do a digital burp... 😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear about this error. That's definitely not a typical experience with InDesign/ Acrobat. Let us make this right for you. I would need a few more details like:

• OS and version of InDesign/Acrobat
  • Is it happening with this particular file? Is yes, could you please share the file with us.

In addition to the suggestion shared by Renae, I would request if you can try the steps shared here: Troubleshoot damaged InDesign documents and then export the PDF again.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a similar problem. The PDF from InDesign displayed correctly in AA Reader but not in DC.

FamaBr_1-1625457710664.png

FamaBr_0-1625457681878.png

My colleague who uses PDF Architect can view the PDF with no problem.

Is it my display or something else?

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciate it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be a file corruption in one of the images.

Judging loosely by the elements being correctly displayed and the probable order of the bottom-to-top construction of the page's content, I suggest removing the logo(s) for the sake of testing and then see what happens. Can you export the PDF without the logo(s) ?

If this turns out to make the change, then copy this exact image frame to an empty new document and see if it yields the same problem. If it does, then there's absolutely something wrong with the image itself. If it exports with no problems, then there's a conflicting element in the rest of your original page, making the problem a bit harder to deduce.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FamaBr,

could you make the PDF available so that we can inspect the PDF itself?

Best put in on Dropbox or a similar service and share the download link.

Thanks,

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines