• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappears when typing in text box

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue where when I make any changes to text within a text box, like typing within it, cutting/pasteing, editing, etc. the text disappears. Sometimes it'll come back if I click out of the text box. Sometimes it comes back if I switch between normal and preview mode.

It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be incredibly annoying.

I'm running:

• Mac OS 11.4
  • Macbook Air M1 2020
  • InDesign 16.2.1
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Hi all, 

Sorry for the trouble this issue has caused. I understand how frustrating it is. Our engineers are working hard to fix this as soon as possible. 
It is hard to believe that the issue is not fixed even after multiple user attempts. I can definitely assure you at it's a work in progress.

@roberteblesse I will try to answer all the questions in the best possible way. This issue is completely dynamic. There are different scenarios where users are facing this issue. We have worked with mu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Hi @Twall55,

Please click this link (www.adobeprerelease.com/) and go to the "Available Program" section to join the InDesign prerelease.

Then accept the Prerelease agreement and follow the steps mentioned below to install the

prerelease v17.2.0.9:

- Close InDesign
- Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section. (If you don't see it, then please check you are login with the same email ID you have signed in on the Prerelease website. If it still doesn't show up, the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Install the 17.2 pre-relase. It has worked well for me on a 2020 M1 MacBookPro! See instructions posted above or see the tips I posted above that helped with 17.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Finally!!! I installed the prerelease (17.2) and the bug that persisted for far too long has finally disappeared. After 9 months of hard work, I was finally able to do one day of layout without any bug. A real miracle!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Not only did 17.2, reased this morning to North America, fix the text issue, it's also screamingly fast, especially opening files.

OK, done. NEXT!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Hi Sarah, updating to 17.2 fixed the text issue for my wife. She hasn't had it happen once since then, so far.

Have you updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 645 Replies 645
Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul, the check for update made pre-release appear. I now have 17.2

Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 10.00.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that @j4m1eb.

Please share your observation with us. How is it performing? Are you still facing the Text Disappearing issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

initial feedback from using it for a couple of hours. Text does still disappear but re-appears quickly, less than half a second. So it's definatley an improvement from disappearing completely and a good first step. But it needs to not disappear at all to be a final fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @j4m1eb. I've forwarded it to the product team.
Also, I've sent a DM. Please check.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've DM'ed back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, 

Been using the Pre-release version for a while now. Same issue still. Very difficult to work within indesign. Painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @robj63873880,

Thank you for bringing this up. Would it be possible for you to confirm the Prerelease version you have installed?

Is it a v17.2 or v17.7.1?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was 17.7.1. I have just installed 17.2 but yet to use it so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that, @robj63873880.

Please share your observation once you use it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now have another issue much may or may not be related. The font picker dropdown is now unusable for me. It opens and closes before I have chance to select a new font. Additionally, nothing happens when i start to type the fonts name in the form/search field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul!

'Check for updates' did not work for me, but uninstalling all CC apps and Creative Cloud, and reinstalling did work! I can now see pre-release and will test out the InDesign pre-release 17.7.1

Thanks for your help!

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 17.2 that has the test fix for disappearing type and only that version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed 17.2 and have had the same experience as others. The type flashes for a second but does not disappear. The delay might seem a little longer with CPU preview than GPU preview. Definitely easier to work in than InDesign 17.1. Looks like it's on its way to being fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @Twall55. I've forwarded it to the product team.
Also, I've sent a DM. Please check.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this bug and it's very frustrating. I've noticed it's happening more on fields that have an image with text wrap on them, and it's really really slowing me down. Sometimes the entire text vanishes, sometimes it's portions of it (such as a heading line). It seems to vanish when it's being typed in or selected (say if I want to select and remove a sentence it vanishes the second I try to drag) but sometimes other text fields vanish for no reason also. I really think this has something to do with text wrapping because the fields without it didn't ever vanish. I think the wrap stops being applied. It's also possible since this file is so old there's some compatibility issues. I guess maybe I should figure out InCopy.

I did discover the discover tab through this, that's pretty cool I'll probably spend a fair bit of time checking that out. Hope you guys can get this ironed out pretty fast, type is fundamental to InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Besnardm,

I am sorry for the trouble and inconvenience this issue has caused. I can understand your frustration.

But I am glad to say multiple users have confirmed that the Text Disappearing issue has been resolved for them on our Prerelease version v17.2. I would request you to install it or wait for the public release. I have marked my reply as correct on this thread with the steps on how to enroll in our prerelease program and install the Prelease version 17.2, which has the fix for the issue. If possible, I would suggest you try it out. If not, I would request you please be patient and stay tuned for the next release of InDesign.

Let me know if you need any further assistance installing the prerelease version 17.2. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T H A N K  Y O U !!! This has been such a frustrating issue! My text was constantly disappearing, about every one or two seconds! It made it almost impossible to work. I'm glad Adobe is finally fixing the software incompatibility; and I look forward to the full release of 17.2.

Everyone: Make sure you go to Apps > Catagories > PreReleases to find it after you've signed up for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

it was a team effort.. it only took over a tear with many tears 😭 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*year of tears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angelab29126336 said:

"I am absolutely losing my mind. I can't fine PRE RELEASE either and I am following all of the steps. "

Hi Angela,

here is a direct link to join InDesign Prerelease:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171

Source:

How to Join Creative Cloud Prerelease Programs
Erin Finnegan, Oct 18, 2019, UPDATE July 24th, 2020
https://medium.com/adobetech/how-to-join-creative-cloud-prerelease-programs-ccecc10ae7d3

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the Beta app and installed it, but i receive this error:

Your InDesign (Beta) build has expired.

I have a new client and need to make a menu ASAP, and for more than 1 year, Adobe has not been able to address this critical bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even move InDesign to my secondary monitor. This application is useless now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Im going crazy here. This app is crap. 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 1.38.52 PM.pngAs you can see, there is no Mac toolbar with the 3 dots to move, expand, minimize the application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. But the app is still garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines