Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text over a button disappears once rendered into a PDF

Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I am working on creating an interactive pdf... where upon clicking a button, a text box shows below.

Capture.PNG

Now i am facing some issues with the same.

I have a box (red) with some text overlay on it.  i have converted the red box into a button (just the  red box, not the text overlay of 'Alarms' has been converted into a button) so that when i click it a blue box shows below. now that functionality of hide / show is working OK. but the box / button that has the text overlay, 'Alarms', disappears when i render the InDesign docuemnt into a PDF.

Capture1.PNG

i am not sure why this is so. any guidance on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check with the layers position or overlapping issues may happened, check it once again.

share docs for more clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Kathir7. i have checked the layers panel and it seems OK to me.. the 'Alarms' textbox is over the red box/Button8. Also, as a sidenote, i wish to know is there a way to view all the buttons in the InDesign document.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The buttons can be viewed by clicking the double arrows '>>' at the top of the tool box. Is this what you wanted to know? or can you share any docs to know more for clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathir7, so when i group the text (Alarms) and the red box/button, it seems to work OK. i will explore this further, and if it does not work, i will be sure to share the document. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi-state buttons won't work in an Interactive PDF, use simple button hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one make a simple button hyperlink please? I have tried looking for this on the web and all i see are rollover effects, which cause the entire button to be on top of all text in all rollover states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried using two buttons with 'on roll over' and 'on roll off" effects to try and duplicate a rollover appearance. This resulted in success however all the buttons are still on top of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These effects won't work on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good times. As an update and anyone coming here looking for answers, I made my text on top into a button and now it works. Thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same problem. What seemed to help is placing the text for the button into the button rectangle. You might have to finetune the vertical alignment to make it look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines