• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import existing preferences in InDesign 19 version

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really bad. I do not have the time to check the preferences with the older version to look what preferences I had and the worse thing is, ALL defined colours are gone... Same is for formats and stuff, I have to do everything from the scratch, this is really really bad!

So please let us use the preferences of the older version as it always worked that way before!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Hi @ELPrepress ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have received similar reports from other users and have logged a bug. Please stay tuned to this discussion for the update on the bug. I'd also request you to share the v18 preferences folder saved at these locations: 

Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version [#]
Win: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]

Rishabh_Tiwari_1-1697058506056.png

You can add the file to a shared location and share it with us at sharewithID@adobe.com

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Hi all, 

We are able to reproduce the issue in-house with customer-specific preference. We would want to validate if all of you are facing similar issues or not. Hence we would request you to zip your preference for InDesign 18.0 and share it with us at sharewithID@adobe.com

Thanks and Regards

Sanyam Talwar (he/him)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble, and thanks for reporting the issue. I wanted to inform you all that this is a known issue on MacOS, and we have logged a bug for the issue.

Our product team is actively addressing the problem, and we will ensure to provide you with ongoing updates regarding the bug's status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA  Did you even read Bob Levines post? NOT only Mac(!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for overlooking that, @Frans v.d. Geest,  and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will promptly relay this information to the team, notifying them that the issue is also occurring on a Windows 11 machine.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually don't see problems with inDesign so I checked "import preferences" and "remove old versions" when I just updated to InDesign 2024. Apparently that was a mistake as when I opened the program it was quite upset that the preferences were created by an older version and refused to use them!

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 2.48.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ELPrepress ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have received similar reports from other users and have logged a bug. Please stay tuned to this discussion for the update on the bug. I'd also request you to share the v18 preferences folder saved at these locations: 

Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version [#]
Win: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]

Rishabh_Tiwari_1-1697058506056.png

You can add the file to a shared location and share it with us at sharewithID@adobe.com

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. I have updated my response. Please share the folder shown in the screenshot above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will be very happy if you look at our problem that has not been solved for a long time. No one has given us a satisfactory answer... 🙂 Thank You...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/high-cpu-usage-while-idle-indesign-2021-2022-202... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"remove old versions"

big mistake. sorry for your loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here… gone back to 18.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Prefences do not transfer. If Adobe could let us know when it's safe to update I'd appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

We are able to reproduce the issue in-house with customer-specific preference. We would want to validate if all of you are facing similar issues or not. Hence we would request you to zip your preference for InDesign 18.0 and share it with us at sharewithID@adobe.com

Thanks and Regards

Sanyam Talwar (he/him)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to copy & paste files from the InDesign 18.0 folder into the new InDesign 19.0 folder? Similar to the way that swatches and scripts can be moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, have also emailed my v18 preferences. Please let us know when we can restore our previous settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list, please. Is it possible to pin this post to the top of the board, since the InDesign forum doesn't have a Bugs tab? It took me a while to find it. Can't import InDesign Preferences from v18.5 to v19.0. “Related conversations” are not much help, either. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue and I just emailed a link to my prefs folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And can everyone stop being a bunch of Karens. Log your bug. Complaining here won't fix it. Didn't work for us. I rolled back to 18.5. And haven't lost a moment of sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem under Windows 10.

e.g. the startup scripts are not executed.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 19.0\de_DE\Scripts\Startup Scripts

I stop my tests and only warn against installing the new version.

Very annoying, it only costs time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, cant use my coverbuilder script cause the indesign just ignores it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts need to be updated to work in newer versions.
Contact the person who created the script for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is shockingly bad, even for Adobe. You'd think they did absolutely no testing at all before releasing this version.

Adobe, why don't you concentrate on fixing long-standing issues and introducing long-requested features before throwing out new versions with 'cutting edge' features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report bugs or make a feature request
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't import preferences and resets InDesign back to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue being looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines