• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install InDesign CS6, error Installation failed: Your installation encountered errors.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop (Windows 10 with everything updated) crashed and I have to reinstall Adobe InDesign CS6. I have a valid serial number and the installer initiated without any issue, but when it got to the end, it said:

Installation Failed

Your installation encountered errors.

It has an "error summary" but I was not able to open it to identify the issue as there's no program can open it. If I could open the summary, I would be able to see what's the problem.

I have reinstalled CS6 in April 2024 and I have no problem at that time, but two months later, I couldn't install it again this time.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

It has been more than 7 days and my InDesign still working normally. I guess it's activated.

Thank you to everyone who have provided assistance with the issue. I really appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. 

By @John38335111g4ue

Well then it's pretty lousy UX on Adobe's part. Why do they provide a report that can neither be easily opened by standard apps nor located in the system?

By @leo.r

We don't know if it can't be located? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know if it can't be located? 

By @Robert at ID-Tasker

Yeah... That's the info supplied by @John38335111g4ue, and that's all I can know of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it can be located, if possible?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it can be located, if possible?  Thank you.

By @John38335111g4ue

Check installation folder - and temp folders - for any recent logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll check on that when I finished backing up my laptop.

I'll post my update once checked.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked those files, no luck, couldn't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original account is back up (am posting from that account), no longer blocked, just don't know what was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @silkphoenix45,

Thanks for sharing the info. Does that mean that your install issue is resolved? If you're still experiencing the issue, please connect with our support team directly using our Contact Us page: https://adobe.ly/3W4qweM and start a chat so our team can help you over a remote session and try to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am not 100% sure if my InDesign CS6 has actually been activated. At the end of the installation process, I got a window asking me to register but I was not able to because of the error message saying updating browser, etc. and I wasn't able to do an off-line registration either. Then when I opened InDesign and clicked the DEACTIVATE option, I saw the attached windows (see jpg). So I am not sure if it was actually activated. I guess I'll wait for 7 days to see because the registration window told me I have to register within 7 days or the app won't be working anymore.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been more than 7 days and my InDesign still working normally. I guess it's activated.

Thank you to everyone who have provided assistance with the issue. I really appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you managed to get it sorted out. If you registered it years ago it remains registered and there's no need to do it again. You would not get a deactivate dialog unless it was activated. sounds to me like you are now good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The reason I have doubt about the activation was because when I resinstalled the program, it asked me to register and failed to do so.

Yes, I'm glad that it's resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Registration and activation are separate functions -- activation can happen on multiple machines, but you need to register only once. That said, the registration routine is the last part of the installer, so it always comes up when you run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines