• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save or Export files from InDesign 2022 (17.0) on macOS Monterey

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to macOS 12.0.1 and InDesign can't save or export files anymore. 

What I tried with no success:

• Delete Cache and Prefrences in the Library folder
  • Uninstall / Install InDesign
  • Rebooted the system
  • Logged out and in from my Adobe Account
  • Tried to use the Intel and M1 verison of InDesign. Same problems

So, clicking (or using the shortcuts) Save or Export, nothing happens. When I try to place another document the attatched, broken dialog appears.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We tried but couldn't replicate this issue at our end. However, few users have confirmed that disconnecting the Sidecar has helped resolving this issue. 

Could you please confirm you are using Sidecar and does removing it helps resolving this issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Not Sidecar @Srishti Bali but I use this USB-C dongle: https://minix.com.hk/de/products/neo-c-x-de (1. version). AND when disconnecting the Macbook from the dongle/monitor, all dialogs work again. 

Please release an update. All other Adobe application work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Was horrified to update to OS Monterey yesterday so that I could update to InDesign 2022 today. Menus drop-downs no longer worked in InDesign so couldn't export to PDF presets and had to go through the "Export" keyboard shortcut. Found one solution. I set the Apple System Preferences -> Accesibility -> Display to "Reduce Transparency". Menu function is now working correctly. Now to go find out where all my PhotoShop shortcuts went...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

This issue went away for me when I updated the macOS to 12.1. I was having the saving issues with Adobe, Microsoft, Chrome and Firefox and other programs, but the update seems to have fixed everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

When I went to upvote, I discovered someone said that simply updating Monterey to 12.1 solved the problem. So I upgraded. And it did. WOW, wish I'd known it was that easy. All that agony for naught!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. It seems Apple has fixed this issue. Please update to macOS Monterey v12.1 that Apple released around mid-December. Let us know if you are still facing this issue after updating. We'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 128 Replies 128
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour can be caused by a script that suppresses all dialogs and doesn't enable them -- either because the script crashed or because the script writer forgot to do so. But since you've been deleting caches and preferences and reinstalling, it's very unlikely that that's your problem. Still, as the saying in some cultures goes, 'You never know how a cow catches a hare' (maybe when you reinstalled you didn't remove any existing preferences), here's a one-line script to reenable alerts and windows:

app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.INTERACT_WITH_ALL;

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Peter Kahrel, thanks for the quick answer. Sadly with no success.

Dropped the line in a .js file into the "Scripts Panel" folder and executed it in InDesign. Or was this the wrong way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the correct way. Shame it didn't work. I've no idea what could cause the problem you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably won't work, but try resetting the workspace.

Does this happen in a new user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Spier Resetting the workspace does sadly nothing. 

New user account? You mean to create a new Adobe Account with a different E-Mail? Don't want to try this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, signing in on your computer aas a differnt user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if for macOS 12.0.1 the next version of InDesign is required.

Currently InDesign 2022 is in a "phased" roll-out. There are reports that InDesign 2022 already can be installed in Italy and Poland for example. I cannot see it in Germany right now, but this should be only a matter of days…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Laubender Yeah, thought the same when I saw the other threads regarding the new version. Refreshing Creative Cloud App since this morning. 🥸

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, Version 17 (Indesign 2022) has the same problems... What a day... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

did you migrate preferences when you installed InDesign 17.0?

That could be another issue.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I did. 😕

But now I even tried the "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool" with no success. Still no Save or Export dialog. Crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 
The open dialog is also affected. BUT only after trying to Save or Export. Using Open alone it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We tried but couldn't replicate this issue at our end. However, few users have confirmed that disconnecting the Sidecar has helped resolving this issue. 

Could you please confirm you are using Sidecar and does removing it helps resolving this issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Sidecar @Srishti Bali but I use this USB-C dongle: https://minix.com.hk/de/products/neo-c-x-de (1. version). AND when disconnecting the Macbook from the dongle/monitor, all dialogs work again. 

Please release an update. All other Adobe application work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Alex!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your patience. We're currently investigating this issue. Please upvote this issue here and stay tuned for updates.
As a workaround, you may try one of these options:

• Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings back to original. Steps are shared here.
  • If that doesn't help,  we would suggest disconnecting the external monitors.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if, while InDesign is open, I unplug the external monitor (Apple Thunderbolt display via USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 adapter) and plug back in again it solved the issue permanently. I have now tried closing down InDesign and restarting while connected to the display and the issue is not present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I would like to add that I am also experiencing this bug on the latest version of Photoshop! Nightmare 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really a nightmare!

InDesing's latest update states that one of it's bigest "updates" is changing therm "Master" to "Parent". Core valus, you see... Dudes, realy?!?!?

Why don't you just start thinking professionaly instead politicaly correct???? 

Beleave me, SAVE and SAVE AS are much more important.

Sheme...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mirroring the desktops seems to work also. Not a great solution, but at least it's better than unpluggin the monitor everytime you want to save. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.23.09 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mirroring my displays fixed this for me thanks! I mirrored it. Waited a moment, and then stopped it. Then all was working correctly - and I was able to save again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually toddr50786792 has an even better solution. Make your computer (not the external monitor) the primary work placeGo to System Preferences < Displays < Arrangement. The Menu Bar (the little white bar) in the Arrangement Palette must be set to your Macbook Pro or iMac. 

He has more info and pictures here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/unable-to-save-or-export-files-from-indesign-202...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I did try that first, but it didn't work for me. The mirroring did - very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. USB-C hub with montitor, cause inDesign not showing Dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines