• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom shortcuts stopped working after installing latest update

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest update (14.0.2) the keyboard shortcut "CMD" + "+" for instance, stopped working. Same goes for all other zoom shortcuts. I tried rebooting computer. Rebooting the application several times. I checked if it still works on my other applications (photoshop/illustrator) and it did.

What happens is, the "Object" menu in the applications menubar blinks, but nothing else... And the zoom works if you fold down one of the menus:) Bug?

Anyone else has this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

I checked with the team. They are aware of this issue, and are investigating. We hope for a fix soon, I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're working on a Mac.

The zoom feature definitely works on Windows, but do check your version again as it seems you might be 5 versions behind at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: I meant version 19 of course!

Yes, I'm working on a Mac.

I went back to 18.2 again and it worked. Updated again to 19. Stopped working. So there seems to be a bug in version 19 on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the team is investigating this issue. I will get back as soon as I have more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Cmd + + works for me on my Mac XD19. Does Cmd + 0, 1, 2 and Cmd + mouse wheel work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, none of the CMD zoom shortcuts work. I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I don't run XD on Mojave - I have a feeling Adobe CC apps don't run very well on Mojave in general - but I'll check this later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article doesn't list XD specifically but there are known issues with CC and Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the team. They are aware of this issue, and are investigating. We hope for a fix soon, I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue. Any updates on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using Adobe XD. Could you please confirm if you're on the latest version of XD(21.1.12.3)?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was actually ID and AI. Yes latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, your question is about slowness in the latest version of InDesign and Adobe Illustrator. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It was an issue with zoom shortcut not working in both AI and ID. Only happened once so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to InDesign​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix after all these years? Pull your finger out Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, could you please find a solution and send it by email to leros@leros.co.uk ASAP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting this issue in all my adobe programs currently - Its intermitant too, it seems to have a mind of its own! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I haven't done any updates to my Mac or programs and one day the CMD + to zoom in stopped working. To zoom out still works fine. I even checked my preferences and it shows the correct keyboard shortcut. I thought maybe I needed to update and noticed there was one available but even after updating it is continuing to do the same thing to me. I also did a computer reboot, uninstalled the programs and reintalled. Still no luck. I did notice that Shift CMD + works to zoom in, but what a pain after all these years of just using two keys! Did anyone solve the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, zoom out is working perfect but CMD + + doing nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue that you are having. Except, I have also noticed that the entire file goes blurry when I try to use the shortcut and I have to save, close out, and reopen the file in order for it to not be blurry anymore... the shortcut working after the reopen is hit or miss. I've checked all of my settings, tried restarting XD, and made sure my Mac and XD/Adobe products were up-to-date but nothing seems to work. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND it's almost 2 years later and the issue still is there...

having the same problem (but windows). Could you please finally get a solution for this? I thought the reason to pay these horrendous costs monthly is to always get the best version and to have issues fixed asap.

or is there at least a possibility to change these shortcuts manually for acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'm sorry. Just saw that this is related to InDesign. I'm having trouble with zooming in Acrobat. 

Excusez-moi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out! 

Edit - Keyboard Shortcuts - View Menu - Zoom in - now remove the existing zoom-in shortcuts and add a new by hitting the classic Cmd (+) + keys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! It has worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines