Highlighted

HELP: How do I to change spread to single pages?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All...First time poster!

I have an InDesign Document that was set up as two pages in two spreads but now I am trying to export to a PDF as Single Pages (for email purposes) although even when ensuring the spreads option is not check, the output is still coming as a spread. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please help!
InDesign Screen Capture 2 pages in 2 spreads with print options.JPG

PDF.JPG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP: How do I to change spread to single pages?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All...First time poster!

I have an InDesign Document that was set up as two pages in two spreads but now I am trying to export to a PDF as Single Pages (for email purposes) although even when ensuring the spreads option is not check, the output is still coming as a spread. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please help!
InDesign Screen Capture 2 pages in 2 spreads with print options.JPG

PDF.JPG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2015 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Candace,

It looks like the artwork is not set up as single pages. Those two spreads that you have contain two pages each. Check your document setup dialog (File>Document Setup...) and see whether facing pages is selected.

You may need to set up a new document with facing pages and copy and paste your elements into it.

Regards,

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2015 8
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots don't tell enough, as we do not see the pages.

I suppose the document setup was done wrong, instead of setting up the size in the size of xropped pages, the document was set up in spread's site. This would be terrible wrong,

Start again with a new facing page document and copy and paste from this to the new one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That is what I did.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Your pages look too wide. Document setup has to have the size of a single cropped page, never the size of a spread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2015 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Candace,

Do you mean that is what you did initially, and still have a problem? Or that you are now OK?

Regards,

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am okay now.

I did not set up the document, just received the working files. I copy & pasted as suggested to get the document I required.

Thank you for your help.

Candace

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change to a pages view from a spread view in InDesign you can do this,

file >> document Setup >> (UNCHECK) facing pages

To change the order after exporting the file to a PDF.  Open the PDF in Acrobat and then press "F4".  Then rearrange as needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2017 7
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0