Highlighted

InDesign Mac iCloud settings and storage set up set up so I don't get missing links red ? marks.

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a large InDeign file and I have been keeping all the files and InDesign files on my desktop.  I want to keep my iCloud backup but as a result I've had multiple occasions where I have MISSING LINK INDESIGN messages beacuse it appears that iCloud is sending the image files to the iCloud Drive.  It is annoying and takes time to relink the files.  The Apple Care rep said that this is a common problem with InDesign/ Adobe users on Macs.  A few questions for the community.

a) Does anybody know if saving all IN DESIGN and project files to Creative Cloud resolves this issue?

b) Does moving InDesign workflow to Creative Cloud from running on Mac/ iCloud create any problems?

c) Does anybody have step by step instruction for moving a Mac/ iCloud InDesign project to Creative Cloud? Is it as simple as packaging and dropping the files into iCloud?

Many thanks in advance,

Graham 

Topics

How to, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Mac iCloud settings and storage set up set up so I don't get missing links red ? marks.

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a large InDeign file and I have been keeping all the files and InDesign files on my desktop.  I want to keep my iCloud backup but as a result I've had multiple occasions where I have MISSING LINK INDESIGN messages beacuse it appears that iCloud is sending the image files to the iCloud Drive.  It is annoying and takes time to relink the files.  The Apple Care rep said that this is a common problem with InDesign/ Adobe users on Macs.  A few questions for the community.

a) Does anybody know if saving all IN DESIGN and project files to Creative Cloud resolves this issue?

b) Does moving InDesign workflow to Creative Cloud from running on Mac/ iCloud create any problems?

c) Does anybody have step by step instruction for moving a Mac/ iCloud InDesign project to Creative Cloud? Is it as simple as packaging and dropping the files into iCloud?

Many thanks in advance,

Graham 

Topics

How to, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most cloud backups have a "smart sync" feature where you can see the files locally but they are ONLY stored in the cloud.

I don't use iCloud so I can't help with this but if a setting such as that is available, turn it off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines